• Head of Finance Regional Group North America
• Finance COO of our affiliate partner
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Head of the Performance Management will be responsible in supervising on a day-to-day basis of supporting Client Service Teams of our affiliate partner in the production of regular and ad-hoc reporting and to perform first level of review.
The main mission will be to ensure the team provides timely and accurate financial and non-financial results to support efficiently the Finance operations of our affiliate partner.
From a production perspective:
- Ensure the teams report accurate figures in the Performance Management reporting tools for the affiliate partner.
- Ensure that the teams comply with the affiliate partner’s deadlines for all monthly reportings.
- Ensure reliability, quality and timeliness in supporting the Client Service Teams.
- Support affiliate partner in the supervision of the local production staff (Extended Model).
- Review the reporting produced by the team before submission as a first level of control.
From a control perspective:
- Ensure the control and the integrity of the data throughout the reporting production under the responsibility of the teams.
- Documents and maintains up to date the procedures for all the tasks and reportings of the teams.
- Ensure updates and maintenance of the data which are under the responsibility of the teams.
- Enforce the implementation and performance of controls inside the teams.
- Contribute to the BNPP operational permanent control framework
System and Operational Process Improvements
In partnership with the affiliate, contribute to the enhancement of the platform tools (such as Hyperion, OBIEE etc) as well as the standardization / harmonization of best practices across the platforms.
Lead operational process improvement initiatives to increase production efficiency through IT systems enhancements and workflow reorganization.
Synthesize KPIs (e.g. the timeliness of reports, responsiveness of other parties in providing information to their teams), identifying key areas of improvement and formulating a strategy to enhance the teams’ performance.
Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of systems to support the activities of the affiliate partner.
Other Management Functions
Responsible for the staffing operational process (recruiting, hiring, training) and ensures that staff’s skills and competencies can support the business requirements.
Local contact for the resources with functional reporting line to the affiliate partner (Business Partnering) and ensure sharing knowledge on the Canadian organisation.
Prepare short and long term resource plans for the Finance Group to the affiliate partner and the FRG for her respective teams; Establish objectives and performance standards/metrics, conduct performance reviews, and provide coaching, counselling and career development of personnel.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Degree on finance, administration or accounting from reputable university.
• Minimum 10 years of financial and/or management reporting experience, preferably within a retail or corporate banking company
• Managerial experience required
• Working knowledge and understanding of performance management concepts and processes
• Experience in managing budget processes
• Experience with Hyperion, OBIEE
• BasicRetail/ Corporate Banking product knowledge
• Experience with Essbase and Business Objects (BOxi) is desirable
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (French and English)
• Professional posture to develop and maintain key relationships with the business lines and senior management
• Capacity to handle stressful situation and to manage teams in reporting environment
• Creativity, Innovation and “outside the box” mindset
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.