Head of ORC Information, Communication, Technology (ICT), Sr Group Manager
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth
The Head of ORC Information, Communication, Technology (ICT) will be responsible for building a best-in-class second line of defense (2LOD) technology risk function for the Bank in alignment with BNPP’s Risk ORC ICT global program. Working in collaboration with the various business lines, corporate functions and other risk functions, the ORC ICT Officer will build and oversee the technology risk management program to manage enterprise-level governance, policies and practices to proactively oversee the first line of defense – and their respective identification, assessment, measurement, reporting, mitigation and control of technology risk exposures. First line of defense in-scope areas include cyber and information security risks, technology risks, business continuity and data protection risks associated with the Bank's Business Groups and supporting operations at all levels of and across the organization.
- Directs and is responsible for the full range of the BOW Risk ORC ICT function. Ensures the ICT Program is robust based on BNPP Group, US banking industry practices and European and US regulatory expectations with a resulting program that works effectively to report on the Bank's risk posture and reins in excessive risks/risky activities.
- Formulates, in conjunction with senior management and the Enterprise Risk Committee, the Bank's technology risk management Program and supporting policies to ensure alignment with, and influence of, the Bank's risk appetite. Also recommends appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative components for the Bank’s Technology Risk Appetite.
- Manages the Bank's Technology Risk Management Governance Structure to provide appropriate transparency and reporting.
- Oversees the 2LOD technology risk programs and supporting processes to cover the full range of activities such as risk assessments, new activities, loss reporting and analysis, and scenario analysis as well as second line testing.
- Establishes organizational structures that provide appropriate coverage for, and coordination of, the Bank's technology risk management programs, monitoring, reporting, training, and overall execution of the operational risk function.
- Oversees the establishment of various monitoring routines, tools (including technical solutions) and templates, technology risk management standards and procedures; developing operational risk management analysis reports; developing approval procedures.
- Establish risk management metrics/scorecards and dashboards to track performance and monitor/identify trends across the Bank
- Execute methodologies and practices to build a technology-focused operational risk framework that drives risk-aware, transparent decision making and predictable financial performance. This includes second line oversight of first line control functions, including Enterprise Information Security, by effectively challenging the execution of the technology risk program, including RCSAs and control validation.
- Partners across the enterprise with business units and other control functions, and with other entities within the BNP Paribas group, including the International Retail Bank and BNPP USA Inc. (IHC) to ensure the program alignment with minimum duplication and no material gaps in risk management.
- Partners across the IHC and US affiliates to ensure sound integration of Technology Risk program.
- Counsels business unit managers on technology risk management issues.
- Shared with Head of Operational and Technology Risk, BOW liaison with external regulatory or legal bodies on technology-focused operational risk management matters and issues.
- May serve on one or more internal Risk Management committees with other members of senior management. Likely to serve on industry forums/committees focused on Technology Risk topics.
- Responsible for the ongoing professional development of team members within ORC ICT.
- Partners across the risk organization to ensure a sound end to end risk governance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 15 years of experience in Financial Institutions or Banking Industry
- Bachelors Degree required
- Masters Degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.