In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Within the Asia Pacific CIB IT & Operations organization, the Regional OPC (Operational Permanent Control) correspondent for the Client Management perimeter is under the management of the Head of Conduct & Controls and works in close relationship with the Client Management teams.
His/her main responsibilities is to implement the operational risk management framework and monitor the operational risk related to Client Management activities. Hence, he/she will analyze control results (Ops, OPC, LoD2, LoD3) and incidents to identify main operational risks and follow the associated mitigation/remediation actions (including recommendations).
He/she will be also responsible for will be the improvement of the overall internal control mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and BNPP Group standards.
• Work closely with Global OPC teams to ensure that guidelines established centrally are adapted in APAC
• Update RCSA and risk maps as part of the implementation of the Convergence program
• Identify gaps in the control framework based on IG missions, RISK ORC permanent control actions, open risk areas, TAC/NAC, projects and incidents
• Subsequently review the control plans using a risk based approach
• Monitor the ORUS controls results declared by Operations Teams and report the sign-off status
• Perform the control testing as defined in the control plan and validate the action plan with ITO management
• Ensure operational risk incidents are properly collected, coordinate the root cause analysis and contribute to the definition of remedial actions
• Follow-up and contribute to close recommendations/permanent control actions/incident remediation actions assigned to ITO across the Region
• Ensure adherence to reporting in all tools (Orus, Mercator/Forecast, Aurora, etc)
• Take a step back to identify key risk areas and to propose long-term remediation actions to ITO management
• Liaise with territory and ISPL OPCs to ensure that APAC ITO control framework is uniformly adopted across the Region
• Lead a monthly permanent control committee on your perimeter, ensuring clear reporting of control results, issues, analyses and remediation
• With the other ITO OPCs, contribute to the risk awareness within ITO and bring into the spotlight key areas of focus/attention
• Actively support a front-to-back approach via a strong collaboration with Business OPCs and a clear reporting on risks and mitigating actions for the concerned business
• Closely collaborate with Risk ORC by attending regular meetings and sharing relevant information
Regulations, Procedures and Code of Conduct
• Pro-actively monitor the regulations changes to ensure cascading in Ops teams
• Monitor the implementation of global/local regulations and internal policies by Ops teams
• Ensure compliance with global and regional policies, especially Compliance and IT Security
• Ensure respect of the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Internal Control, Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit function or with Client Management operations experience.
• Good analytical skills and control mindset
• Ability to integrate various information and synthesize them
• Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with operations staff and Senior Management
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Coordination and multi-tasking skill
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production