Head of Operations, Finance
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for operations segment within an assigned Division. Provides working knowledge of end to end processes since decisions have significant impact affecting multiple and diverse operations and product lines. Serves as a Leader to resolve broad operational issues and coordinates activities and processes within business lines/operations segments. Owns the execution of functional strategy and the operational direction of the Departments responsibility to identify, analyze and resolve complex problems related to business lines project, product lines or functions, using general practices and precedents to resolve. Manage multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors that develops and analyzes procedures to enhance business unit and product-related activity.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct overall operational management and control which entails direct involvement in the operations of the business lines, participation in designing of policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage budget/expense, reporting and forecasting for areas managed.
- Ensures proper communication to the senior management concerning compliance of company and regulatory policies affecting areas managed.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission, support management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Requires ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
- Direct the project development and management; planning, costing, implementation and monitoring of all new and existing projects.
- Reviews and approve service agreements both internally and externally.
- Direct and lead major projects and analysis as requested by Senior Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams.
- Typically has broader practical experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization’s business practices.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.