Head of Operational Risk Control
Full Time, Permanent
Solihull B91 2AA
The team at BNP Paribas Personal Finance are currently seeking a new Head of Operational Risk Control; this opportunity would suit a Senior Consumer Finance professional seeking a new challenge.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions and you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Our Risk function comprises of teams responsible for fraud, development, risk management, data office operational controls, governance, and systems.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining and delivering the required governance and control framework, co-operating with the group Central Operational Risk Control teams to adapt the global model to the Personal Finance business.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Direct management of a team of Operational Risk Managers and Operational Risk Analysts
- Indirect management of a network of Operational Permanent Control Persons within BNP Paribas Personal Finance departments or Functions
- Spreading an operational risk awareness across the entity
- Identification and assessment of operational risks of business lines and functions, new activities , new products and new organisation
- Making sure that the right set of procedures is in place and maintained
- Cause deployment and due execution of control pans
- Follow up implementation of action plans that may be issued pursuant to i) failed Internal controls ii) internal compliance monitoring team reviews iii) findings and recommendations from Group General Inspection iv) findings and recommendations from regulatory bodies
- Set up Operational Risks Incidents management framework: Reporting, Root Cause Analysis and Following up on action plans.
To be successful for this position, we’re looking for:
- Proven Team and Project Management skills and experience- gleaned from Senior Level responsibilities across different areas of consumer and retail finance
- Solid understanding of the Consumer finance Industry, and experience controlling functions
- Knowledge of Operational Risk and Permanent Control Systems
- Understanding of FCA Regulatory framework
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to question and to challenge what’s presented or said
- Ability to evaluate and to raise major issues to top management
We understand that next step in your career journey is an important one. We also know it’s all about the people as they are the ones that make our business the success it is. That’s why we provide colleagues with opportunities to make great things happen in an open and exclusive environment.
Our culture is innovative, collaborative and fun and we challenge everyone to make a difference for colleagues, customers, partners and our community.
Being part of the BNP Paribas global banking group means you’re part of something big; with plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and make a real difference.
As you’d expect from being a global banking group, we can give you an award winning benefits package that gives you flexibility to choose your benefits based on what’s important to you. You’ll also have a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy.
Is there a fit?
If you’re interested in joining our dynamic and growing team, then we’d love to hear from you.