In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Head of Transaction Banking Operations
Area includes Trade Service Operations and Cash Management Operations (more weigh on Trade Service Operations)
• Develop, manage, control and execute the strategy of Japan Transaction Banking Operations aligning with the Region
• Transaction Banking Operations, Japan CIB Operations business plans, which includes team planning, prioritization, and risk management
• Accountable for all outsourced functions under Transaction Banking Ops, properly supervise the performance of service providers and work with them to mitigate any risks of service failure
• Perform the key leadership and closely work with the business, technology partners, global/regional colleagues, and other silos to drive key projects, enhance capability, client service and efficiency to help expand Transaction Banking business
• Work with regional teams to help achieve regional goals
• Proactively manage risks by taking the lead in improving controls around processes and ensure consistent control across TB Ops.
• Manage the team and train team members to raise future successors
• Represent BNPP Ops in industry‐wide initiatives and external committees to grow BNPP presence
• Represent CB Ops for inspections and ensure TB Ops is in compliance with regulatory rules and guidelines
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure a good flow of information
• Accountable for client satisfaction and share potential service impact with other business lines
• Represent Operations in senior capacity related to deliverables for internal and external audits, cross‐divisional working projects and committees etc
• Player‐Manager type required who can both lead multiple teams as well as getting fully involved in day‐to‐day needs of the business at hand
• Vision needs to go beyond directly responsible areas to have a full understanding of the business and regulatory requirements with front to back scope
• Ability to demonstrate leadership and drive changes for the organization
• Ability to work comfortably at a senior level ﴾COO, CIO, Head of Business﴿
Anti‐Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties
Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS‐related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
Follow trainings about Data Quality and Data Integrity in order to spread « Know Your Data » culture
-Roll out the target model for the Data Quality and Data Integrity management on your perimeter
-Implementing actions to improve the quality/integrity of the data
Define and implement Data Quality indicators related to his/her responsibility area
The employee is expected to comply with the three following criteria.
• Act, behave appropriately and comply with the general ethical standards expected by BNP Paribas Group and relevant regulatory authorities.
• Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, Code of Conduct’s and Group's internal compliance requirements including, especially, Financial Security and International Financial Sanctions, Know Your Customer due diligence, Client Interest Protection, Market Integrity and Professional Ethics.
• Has completed necessary compliance training to maintain appropriate business and compliance level of knowledge and understanding in order to be fully competent to undertake the role.
Contribute to the Permanent Control framework