Mission and Objectives
The head of Regional Fronting is responsible for supervising 3 sub-teams:
- GB EMEA Consolidation & Synthesis
- Transaction Banking business lines
- CM / LB / M&A / CCG / CIB Corp ALM team business lines
He/she is in charge of easing the dialogue with the clients and stakeholders (businesses, Paris team, central teams..).
He/she is also responsible for providing feedback and potential escalation to Head of CIB & Group Performance Steering and/or to stakeholders based in Paris.
Regional Fronting :
- Making sure outputs are delivered on time and compliant with requirements.
- Taking decision when needed and escalating issues to Madrid and/or Paris management.
- Strengthen relationship with Paris team and make sure clients are satisfied.
- Monitor the team workload and manage priorities, liaising with Paris and stakeholders.
- Ensures the optimisation of resources assigned, managing priorities and workload.
- Manage headcount and cost monitoring, recruitment, trainings and mobility process.
- Ensure the transfer of tasks from Paris to Madrid
- Communicate and accompanies the changes impacting the team, Finance and the clients.
- Ensures and eases the changes: accompanies tool migrations, budget process..
- Provide support to Paris team as much as possible and act as ‘one team’
- Ensure the deliveries of the team are compliant with the guidelines and deadlines
- Make sure the controls are in place and formalized
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements:
- Ensure projects are followed up and UAT testing are delivered
- Make sure the processes are automated, suggest improvement and participate to agile initiatives
- Respect of code of conduct
- Ensure team’s observance of the bank’s policies
- Prepare short and long term resource plans for his team
Training and occupational experience
- Master on Finance or business school or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in at least several of the following corporate and/or line of business disciplines preferably within a corporate banking company: financial control, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, audit (internal/external), risk management positions
- Minimum of at least 8 years of management experience
- English speaking is mandatory
Essential specific requirements
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, IFRS, capital & liquidity indicators, and regulatory and tax accounting rules and regulations
- Strong Global Banking product knowledge
- Strong understanding of financial and operational risk control requirements to ensure that financial systems in place are compliant and continuously monitored
- Speaking English is mandatory and French is a plus
- Strong network is mandatory
Skills and behaviours
- Maturity, professional standing, strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong management skills
- Solutions-oriented thinker who is able to generate creative ideas
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines and with complex client requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with relevant teams; strong planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of system requirements and capabilities to ensure appropriate controls and operational processes
- Negotiation skills are mandatory
- Ability to work with remote teams
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.