Head of Financial Synthesis (m/f/d)
Frankfurt Full-time permanent
BNP Paribas is the leading bank in the European Union and a major player in international banking. It has around 193,000 employees in 68 countries, including almost 148,000 in Europe. The BNP Paribas Group has been active in Germany since 1947 and has successfully positioned itself on the market with 12 business units. We rely not only on the technical expertise in our core businesses, but also on the competencies of our employees, who hold our Group together in higher-level functional units. In Germany, 11 transversal functions of the group are represented. They are responsible for defining standards for our business units, monitoring their implementation and supporting and advising our teams.
The Head of Financial Synthesis - operates in the German Branch Finance platform based in Germany.
Financial Synthesis teams constitute the main block in Finance function’s value chain. Organized around the production of final reporting, they develop a global expertise of the reporting by entity, across all products. Missions of Financial Synthesis are mainly split between Head Office (“HO”) Reporting on one side, and the reporting of P&L on the other side.
The Head of Financial Synthesis will assume operational lead of a team of P&L Reporting to ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of the Management Accounting stream through a solid control framework that covers oversight on upstream process, Finance own processes and controls on data quality. She/he will ensure her/his team’ collaboration with Finance Performance Steering team, in the production of business performance reports and the necessary information for the generation/validation of budgetary figures. The managed team covers the following perimeters: CIB, Asset Management, BP2S, Wealth Management, as well as the Branch consolidated reporting.
She/he will also contribute to German Finance transformation and to the implementation of target Financial Synthesis team structure. In this context, she/he oversees the HO reporting (Financial, Liquidity and Credit Risk reporting) of the German Branch to ensure timely and reliable reporting and analysis. She/he also plays a leading role in developing organizational articulation and process optimization of Financial Synthesis teams and with other stakeholders of Financial Synthesis locally and centrally.
Challenges that let you grow:
- Lead Management reporting production
- Lead the Actual reporting & analysis and collaborate in budgeting process
- Organize and supervise Head Office Reporting
- Lead and develop Financial Synthesis team members
- Contribute to German Branch Finance target operating model
- Continuous improvement and internal controls
- Collaborating in Finance Transformation and providing support on Finance transversal needs
Skills that convince:
- Bachelor degree or above Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics
- Proficient knowledge with 8 years+ successful experiences in financial synthesis, ideally in a multinational banking organization with a wide spectrum of financial activities (wholesale and retail) and facing with local/European Banking regulatory requirements & multiple accounting standards (e.g. French/German GAAP, IFRS, …).
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Ability to synthetize/simplify and as well to understand, explain and support change
- Ability to develop others & improve their skills
What we offer:
- Modern working environment, including work laptop & mobile for flexible working
- Building (inter)national networks and career prospects within the BNP Paribas Group
- Many benefits for employees, e.g. family service, Jobbike, Jobticket, Sodexo meal vouchers, Occupational pensions & Central location with good public transport connection (benefits may vary by location)
BNP Paribas has committed to the sustainable and forward-looking design of society. Ethical principles, risk awareness and responsibility are the foundations of our day-to-day action. The BNP Paribas Group has set itself the goal of raising awareness, motivating and activating its stakeholders, particularly employees, partners and shareholders, as well as the society on sustainable issues. The Commitment to Diversity has confirmed BNP Paribas with the signing of the Diversity Charter in 2017 and is part of the JamaisSansElles initiative, which promotes women's visibility.
Would you like to help shape a changing world?
Then go with us the next step and apply now via the application button as Head of Financial Synthesis (m/f/d)!
Please contact Janina Müller on +49 (0) 6971938080 as well as by email: recruiting.germany [at] bnpparibas (dot) com.
COVID-19-Update: The safety and well-being of our candidates and our employees have the highest priority. Until travel restrictions change, the interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.