BNP Paribas is a leader in banking and financial services in Europe. The Group is present in 75 countries worldwide and employs more than 185,000 employees. Our Group has two complementary core activities, providing strategic strength and assuring the bank financial solidity: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients.
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group and one of the highest-rated asset servicing banks in the industry. With a local presence in 34 countries across five continents and a global custody network covering over 100 markets, BNP Paribas Securities Services assists her clients around the world and offers them a unified service range of all asset classes.
For our office in Amsterdam we are currently looking for a full-time:
Head of Depositary & Trust Services NL
Within Securities Services, the main role of the Depository & Trust Services teams (DTS), wherever they operate, is twofold:
- Discharge the Bank’s oversight responsibilities on the fund managers (and their trading activity) and any other stakeholders (eg fund administrators, agency lenders, clearers, collateral agents,...) relevant to the funds we are appointed trustee or depositary for;
- Oversee the operations of any other departments of the Bank involved in its discharging its trustee or depositary responsibility, eg custody and specialist safekeeping teams.
The Head of DTS NL is responsible for:
- The effective operations of the depositary oversight tasks under the direct responsibility of the DTS NL department;
- The rigorous guidance to and oversight on the other departments of the bank involved in the depositary service to the funds (altogether ‘the depositary function’).
- Manages and develops a team of professional staff including annual appraisals and compensation reviews for local AFS & Depobank operations teams;
- Structures the Trustee & Depositary activities of the Bank in such a way that it performs its regulatory requirements while mitigating risks and providing an excellent service to clients;
- Manage transversal projects in cooperation with BNP Paribas locally, Central Paris, DFS Pole or Group level;
- Demonstrates obvious client focus skills to ensure that any situations where compliance with the law and protection of the investors must prevail but are not fully aligned with the fund manager's interests are handled firmly but constructively;
- Demonstrate real management and influence skills in a context where multiple talents have to be put together for all responsibilities to be discharged;
- Liaises with other locations, business lines and departments within the BNP Paribas Group to maximise cross selling opportunities and knowledge and standards within BNP Paribas Securities Services as a whole and the wider group;
- Manages BNP Paribas’s risk in the context of supplying Trustee & Depositary Services;
The Head of DTS NL represents the Bank’s D&T activity vis-a-vis the following parties:
- The Clients community (fund representatives, board members, auditors, fund managers, …);
- Prospective clients as and where solicited by Client Development teams;
- Local regulator, including in the context of consultations;
- Industry groups;
- The global DTS governance within BNP Paribas Securities Services.
The Head of DTS NL is responsible for first line risk management and control:
- Performs and reviews all first line controls conform Global Control Plan
- Keeps policies and processes up to date
- Manages correct and timely incident reporting
- University degree (or other equivalent professional qualification) in the area of Economics, Finance, Legal or Auditing
- 7-10 years relevant work experience in the Dutch securities industry, with focus on Institutional Investors
- Funds industry experience, track record in a fiduciary capacity and / or relevant audit experience would be an advantage
- At least 2 years experience managing a team of professionals and leading change management processes
- Dutch native speaker with fluent English. French would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and proven leadership skills
- Analytical, structured and able to maintain a helicopter view whilst being involved in daily operations
- Ability to be self-motivated and to lead a team of professionals
- Experience of dealing confidently with Clients, Regulators, Board of Directors and other market influencers