DEPARTMENR - GROUP RISK
LOCATION - BASINGSTOKE
CONTRACT TYPE - PERMANENT
BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
WHAT AM I ACCOUNTABLE FOR?
2nd line of defense role. Ensure RISK provides an efficient response for risk recommendation on proposals, schemes and introductory sources agreement, in line with credit and risk policies, procedures and business strategy within a delegated authority. Ensure quality of credit proposal, credit analysis and risk opinion is kept for submission to a higher authority including assessment of compliance of documentation. Monitoring of Provisions for accounts in arrears or impaired in line with 4 eyes principle. Oversight on the credit process across the TS and ELS Bus. Maintain the Risk governance through Risk Committees, Provision Committees, Intro Source Accreditation and Counterparty Annual Review process. Engage with LS RISK in Nanterre to streamline the credit process.
MY KEY ACTIVITIES
- Manage a team of credit officers and self-Underwrite transactions, schemes and introductory sources for all BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions UK divisions within delegated authorities and turnaround times.
- Ensure team meets expected service levels and self-prepare proposals for submission to a higher authority. Enhance Risk tools as appropriate. Engage with Legal regarding non-standard documentation with and Business Units
- Chair Monthly Provisions Committee and ensure governance met for Risk Committees. 2nd Level controls of Asset Management assessment
- Review new doubtful cases on a monthly basis to establish learning points
- Undertake ad-hoc assessments of credit covenants in support of Business teams with regard to Annual Reviews and Watchlist
- Reinforce the Risk Management Culture by showing Risk Awareness principles to all Business Teams
MY EXTERNAL CUSTOMERS
Corporate Risk teams (LS RISK)
Corporate Commercial teams (IBLs )
Joint Ventures (JV’s) (CNHi, CFS, Manitou Kubota Finance)
MY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
ELS and TS Business Units
JV’s (CNHi, CFS, Manitou Kubota Finance)
Finance, Collection and Recovery, Asset Management
Experience with Large Ticket decision making at £500K and above, on SME and Corporate counterparties
Strong Negotiation skills to assist with shaping of deals both with the Business and higher authorities
Experience with preparation of papers and supporting information for Larger Ticket deals outside of own and UK delegation powers to go to a higher authority or Credit Committee
Working in an open plan office.
Normal working hours are 8.45 to 17.15 Monday – Friday. Additional hours will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
Travel from time to time to Bristol (TS) or Basildon (CNHi)
MY ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the LS UK RISK Team on various projects as required
- Provide regular feedback to the LS UK Executive Committee. Maintain effective communication with all my customers and colleagues
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
- Exemplary behavior in adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control framework established to guide the operation of your function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements
- Ensuring that adequate controls are in place to minimise risk to the Company and that these controls are operational, reviewing them as necessary to reflect any changes to procedures or the business.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-HampshireJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Resilience, Personal Impact / Ability to influence, Attention to detail / rigor, Organizational skills, Adaptability, Ability to deliver / Results driven, Active listening, Communication skills - oral & written, Client focused, Ability to share / pass on knowledge, Critical thinking, Ability to synthetize / simplify, Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving, Decision MakingTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change, Analytical Ability, Ability to manage a project, Ability to develop and adapt a process , Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment, Ability to develop others & improve their skills, Ability to develop and leverage networks, Ability to set up relevant performance indicators, Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution