Head of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
We are looking to recruit a Head of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting to lead UK financial reporting service delivery across UK clients, ensuring all client commitments and regulatory requirements are met. You will lead the technical accounting function with ownership of the technical accounting regulatory radar and timely and effective implementation of regulatory changes across service delivery teams. Within this remit you will drive continuous improvement and innovation within financial reporting processes with a specific focus on digital solutions, and build a high performing team through an open feedback culture. You will be part of the UK Fund Accounting Leadership Team and work as part of the team to define and implement future strategies within UK Fund Accounting.
About the Department:
The Fund Accounting Department is comprised of a number of different functions responsible for Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) Production, taxation, effective yield accounting and for Statutory and Financial Statements reporting services for a range of fund types including UK Open ended Investment Companies, a Property authorised investment fund, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs and life & pension funds.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
Direct management of a minimum of three staff, and indirect of around 25-30.
Operational Excellence, Risk and Control
- Act as the senior management point of contact for UK financial reporting clients (internal & external)
- Deliver excellence in financial reporting service delivery and meet all client KPIs
- Ensure client and internal change impacting functions is implemented with no detrimental impact to service delivery
- To identify and manage risks effectively within the department including Business Continuity and Extreme risk scenario plans
- To embed a strong risk & control culture within the department and adherence to the fund accounting risk management framework
- Line management of direct reports
- To ensure resources and skills deployed are utilised to their full potential and aligned across fund accounting to meet production peaks
- Lead cross function and location collaboration to share best practice
- Foster a culture that engages, supports and recognises employees to drive success
- Deliver a rigorous performance management process
- Attract & on-board diverse talent at all levels leveraging upon pipeline talent programmes and internal mobility
- Optimise talent development & ensure succession plans are in place for all key positions
- Adhere to HR polices and guidelines
Client Focus and Sales Culture
- Senior management point of contact for Clients, Auditors and other departments within BNP Paribas Securities Services
- Represent UK Fund Accounting in industry bodies and actively manage a positive industry network
- Participate in RFP processes and new business presentations as appropriate
- Work closely with all financial reporting stakeholders to ensure all change events/projects impacting fund accounting are delivered on target and to budget
- Benchmark productivity with internal and external financial reporting service providers
- Ensure expenditure is within department budget and authorising limits unless approved otherwise
- Monitor and manage financial reporting unit cost and capacity drivers across the teams
- Develop and implement plans to improve efficiencies and unit costs
Strategy and Governance
- In conjunction with the senior management team for UK Fund Accounting develop, maintain and manage strategic plans to support the Global Fund Accounting Target Operating Model
- Participate in relevant business committees and forums
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate a large team and balance directive and supportive leadership styles.
- Demonstrate sound business knowledge and judgement
- Effective communicator and ability to articulate complex issues effectively to senior management
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Stakeholder management skills and client management experience
- Project management and/or business transformation experience
- Experience in the use of digital fund accounting solutions
- Offshoring experience
- Degree qualification in relevant subject (accounting or finance related)
- Professional accounting qualification
- Working knowledge of IMA SORP for Authorised Investment Funds
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Please note that we are unable to progress applications at this time from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General Visa. The role does not meet the required skill level for us to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship under Tier 2.