- Assume Coverage responsibility for a portfolio of institutional clients
Role has responsibility for identifying, originating and leading to fruition business opportunities across the product range of BNPP. RM also has responsibility for all administrative duties associated with Client account as well as preparing and presenting all information necessary to the support of a transaction
RMs contributes to BNPP profitability in coordination with product marketers through origination of identified transactions and development of day to day flow business with clients. They are supported in their mission by Territory Management and FIC Regional Management
Works well autonomously with clients
Actively maintain and develop an internal network amongst peers in FIC and also product specialists. Work in partnership with business lines to organize client action plans, identify problems and design the best solutions.
- Collaborates well with product specialists in the execution of transactions
- Demonstrates the ability to explain and promote BNPP credit and counterparty risk to clients
- Ensures that BNPP broader strategic constraints and global relationship issues are taken into consideration when discussing transactions.
- Actively maintain and develop a broad and detailed strategic and technical knowledge in respect of products, processes and market awareness applicable to financial institutions.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and meet multiple deadlines
- Ensures that the bank’s resources are targeted towards the most productive and remunerative clients.
Compliance with Risk and Control requirements
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Responsible for the implementation of permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies/procedures and regulatory requirements, in particular with regards to the KYC responsibilities and duties, as per relevant policies and procedures, and the summary of responsibilities list attached hereto.
- Locally to Head of Territory
- Functionally to Head of FIC SEA
RM objectives are determined at the beginning of each year in co-ordination with Head of Territory and Head of FIC SEA. Objectives are both quantitative and qualitative.
RM can be eligible for a discretionary bonus. As indicative guidance, bonus can be a function of:
- Contributions to origination and successful closing of identified deals
- Team work both with product lines specialists and with FIC Bankers and Sector experts
- Success in stabilizing and increasing the total level of revenues for the Banker’s clients.
- Behavior in accordance with BNPP values.
Awareness of ISO27001:2013 information security: An information Security Management System (ISMS) is an International Standard that specified the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving this ISMS. It is the responsibility of all the staff of BNP Paribas Bangkok Branch to contribute to this common objective.
Summary of SBO/SCBO Responsibilities pertaining to Know Your Customer and AML/Sanctions Policies
The RM, when acting as SBO/SCBO:
must initiate the KYC on boarding process and is responsible to collect the KYC data (with support of the appropriate teams in charge of due diligence);
is primarily responsible for ensuring that customer due diligence has been completed to a satisfactory standard, and is kept up-to-date;
makes an assessment whether starting a new relationship or maintaining an existing relationship with a customer is appropriate, in respect of the reputation and the money laundering/terrorist financing/sanctions risks, irrespective of the possible type of business the customer is currently doing or intends to do with the bank. This assessment must be formalized in writing in the KYC package (qualitative SBO opinion describing the risks and their mitigants is mandatory in all cases);
uses the KYC scoring grid and his/her judgment to determine the sensitivity, assisted by the teams in charge of due diligence. He/she provides the teams in charge of due diligence with the knowledge/details they need when contacts with customers is required;
submits the customer’s KYC file to the CAC (Customer Acceptance Committee), as may be required, and provides the CAC with all information and documentation it may require;
contributes to assess the relevance and appropriateness of offering and/or maintaining certain products and services of the Bank in view of the risk profile of the customer;
contributes to the detection of any unusual and/or suspicious transactions by his/her customer with due reporting to a Compliance Officer;
and employs his/her best efforts to maintain a thorough knowledge of his/her customer from available documentary sources and regular direct contacts with them.
Finally, he/she must keep the KYC up-to date in accordance with the Bank’s standards. In particular, he/she must trigger an ad-hoc review as soon as necessary, notably in case of becoming aware of any material adverse information in connection with any of their customers in the field of AML-CTF, in accordance with the relevant KYC policies and procedures.
10-15 years working experience in the relevant fields
Strong knowledge of Fixed Income, Transaction Banking (trade finance and correspondent banking ) related bank products, skills and services.
Knowledge of Corporate Finance, asset management and global custodian products through interactions with local / regional teams is also very important.
Proven capacity of proactively identify business opportunities.
Open minded personality with a strong desire to grow in the demanding working environment of an international global bank.
Fluency in English and Thai writing and speech is a must
Master degree or equivalent by experience
Primary Location: TH-10-BangkokJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: SALES DEVELOPMENTEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 10 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Ability to deliver / Results driven, Proactivity, Client focused, Ability to share / pass on knowledge, Communication skills - oral & writtenTransversal competency: Analytical Ability, Ability to develop and leverage networks, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment, Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution