Head of Equity Advisory Asia (Wealth Management)
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Main Purpose of the Role
Manage and coordinate regional equity advisory teams in Hong Kong and Singapore on day-to-day client services and equity idea generations
- Guarantee best quality of investment ideas / desk notes / recommended lists / publications
- Manage and monitor Asia IS base and ensure optimum equity coverage according to client needs in Asia
- Revamp together with HO the global IS base content to fulfil the Asian requirement.
- Contribute actively to investment committees and internal presentations
- Regularly meet and speak to active and large clients
- When relevant and required: participate in conferences / speak to the press and in social networks
- Comply with equity research due diligence and recommendation procedures in line with WM charter, relevant policies and procedures and local regulations
- Review and validate investment ideas / research generated from the team.
- Conduct staff appraisal and performance review.
- Handle regulatory, permanent control, and compliance enquiries.
Equity Advisory role (self and team)
- Formulate global equity and ETFs investment strategies and construct recommendation lists based on different thematic and investment strategies in line with CIO view
- Actively promote both cash equity and equity derivative ideas to achieve annual revenue targets
- Regularly broadcast actionable investment ideas and views / alerts when necessary
- Ensure market overviews are completed every day before 9am
- Contribute to each weekly Investment Assembly
- Coordinate the participation to Market Meetings when required and necessary
- Contribute on a daily basis to Top Ideas in Asia Investment Toolbox
- Meet regularly with external Equity Research providers for product strategy and stock selections.
- Work with Chief Investment Advisor Network to formulate macro, sector, and asset allocation strategies.
- Work with equity research team in Europe to manage internal database and research validations.
- Work with mutual funds advisory team in Europe to manage and formulate ETF selection criterions and conduct regular reviews
- Conduct data mining analysis to identify research gaps versus demand
- Participate actively in Weekly Investment Committee with up-to-date investment ideas / market intelligence.
- Contribute to EQD investment strategy and ides generation
- Work with KCG and IBA on cornerstone investment in IPOs / private placements
- Meet relevant clients at FO request to present global investment strategy / stock ideas
- Contribute to investment recommendations and presentations to relevant clients at FO request
- Handle daily ad-hoc request from RMs / clients when relevant
- Conduct regular presentations / internal training to RMs and ICs.
- Organize investment presentations by other 3rd-party fund houses / research providers
- Follow the general guidelines of the Bank and Management policies
- Inform and escalate issues to management regarding irregularities and incidents.
- Maintain proper audit trails
Excellent knowledge on global equity markets.
- Data-mining, financial modeling, experiences in managing buy-side / sell-side equity research teams.