Head of Corporate Social Responsibility
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing, directing, monitoring and implementing the community affairs programs to achieve CRA and other social responsibility objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies, recommends and promotes Bank participation in CRA-related lending, investment and services activities.
- Works with line Divisions and Regions in achieving the Bank’s CRA programs goals.
- Conducts various outreach programs to non-profit organizations serving the needs of lower income individuals and communities. Represents the Bank in various community organizations. Develops and maintains contact with community leaders and local governments.
- Provides consultation and business referrals to the Community Development Lending Department.
- Produces reports for senior management the Board of Directors on community affairs programs and achievements.
- Reviews requests for charitable donations and recommends actions to the Charitable Contributions Committee. Serves as a member of that committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in dealing with non-profit organizations and other community and governmental agencies.
- Good knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act and all related issues.
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies and procedures, including consumer and commercial lending.
- Demonstrated business development and/or public relations skills.
- Analytical and research.
- Bank produce and service knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Compose letters/memorandums.
- Coordinate events.
- Coordinate meetings.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Presentation skills.
- Use of personal computer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.