In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Finance permanent control (FPC) team’s main responsibility is responsible for all permanent control topics across all APAC Regional Finance departments including controls on data quality.
It is also responsible to provide feedback on behalf of APAC Finance on new transactions/ activities (“TAC/NAC”) as well as coordinating with local finance on certain financial accounting topics including but not limited to IFRS 9 and 16.
This role will report into the Head of APAC Financial Accounting and Control.
Manage the FPC team to cover various topics related to TAC-NAC and financial advisory, permanent controls, data quality and Financial Accounting.
TAC-NAC and financial advisory
• Act as Finance SPOC in the new transaction workflow (TAC NAC) and coordinate with different Regional Finance teams to provide consolidated comments and advice on accounting implications of exceptional transactions, new products/activities/processes.
• Monitor the overall TAC-NAC process and manage the team to ensure finance comments are sent out on a timely basis.
• Work with the relevant Regional Finance team and follow-up the proper implementation of accounting schemes, if applicable.
• Perform transaction analysis and provide accounting advice on new/complex transactions, including IFRS 9 Business Model and SPPI test, FV loan, fees recognition, etc.
Financial Accounting and Policies
• Maintain/validate Standard Accounting Schemes for various products (in liaison with Group Finance)
• Maintain and standardise the chart of accounts of APAC entities
• Specific expertise and coordination of production on IFRS 9, 16 topics
• The team will act as the 1st LOD (line of defence) for APAC Finance within the APAC Finance Control framework, covering all finance departments (reporting, tax, procurement, outsourcing etc.)
• Drive the risk identification and ensure effective implementation of RSCA (Risk and Control Self-Assessment) framework
• Define and manage control plans (GCP) to mitigate risk as identified by risk assessment
• Management of historical incidents – collect, report in Group database, analyse, follow-up and perform controls on incident collection process. Perform Accounting-to-Incidents cross check.
• Follow-up of the findings and recommendations closure including IG and external auditors recommendations involving APAC Finance.
• Maintenance of Data Quality Reference framework between data providers and data receivers; maintain and control the Data Quality Control plan and perform data integrity and quality controls
• Coordinate with Data owner / Data process owner to identify, define, prioritize and manage data quality issues and remediation
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
• Strong technical accounting / accounting policy knowledge
• Banking experience and knowledge on CIB products and processes
• Control oriented background
• Good organisation and management skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to foster good working relationships including outside of Finance.
• Hunger to learn new process and data flows in a complex banking environment.
• Excellent skills in Excel/ Word
• Qualified CPA member
• 6+ years of post-qualified experience in Finance/Accounting Control.
• Fluent in English and Chinese