In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Serve as Manager for AML Transaction Monitoring Hub
• Provide guidance to and ensure the quality of alert closures by L1 alert analysts
• Ensure alerts are treated in a timely manner i.e. review and escalate or close within an indicative turnaround time of the Automated Alert detection date
• Assignment of daily alerts
• Preparing periodic management reports as required by senior/regional/head office management and ensure the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of MI reporting
• Pro-actively providing insight, analysis and reporting with respect to issues or trends with regards to unusual transactions identified.
• Work closely with WM Compliance teams in quality assurance and control testing, and other diverse tasks including regulatory reporting/inspection and internal/external audits
• Provide any other ad hoc support in the Conduct & Control Department as and when required by the Head of Conduct & Permanent Controls
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Proactive and able to work independently
• A self-starter with the organizational skills and ability to work independently, applying sound judgment and rationale for decisions made
• Passionate about developing others and sharing your knowledge
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
• An ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
• Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature with thorough record-keeping abilities.
• Familiar with navigating the operational tools which support AML/CFT Compliance controls would be preferred.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• University graduate or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ICA Diploma of Compliance or Anti Money Laundering, and/or other industry AML memberships/certifications, e.g. ACAMS)
• At least 12 years of working experience with 8 years of AML/CFT Compliance experience.
• Good general knowledge of the AML/CFT laws, regulations and suspicious reporting standards globally and regionally in an international financial institution or a regulatory body in Asia Pacific is preferred.
Primary Location: SG-06-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 10 years