Guarantees Specialist (Middle and Back-Office)
- Do you want to be part of one of the top banks in the world?
- Do you want to join a diverse and multi-cultural environment?
- Are you willing to develop your financial skills in the Trade Finance area?
- Would you join a Top Employer company with a hybrid remote work model (up to 50% work from home), 31 days of holidays + bank holidays, restaurant tickets and other great benefits (check our benefits section below)
If your answer to the 4 questions is YES, please keep reading!
In this fast-paced environment, BNP Paribas Trade Finance function is growing fast. That´s why we are looking for a Guarantees Specialist with 10 years of guarantees experience in the Banking sector to join our team.
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
The Trade Finance Service Centre, with more than 100 HC, is a large and critical area within Operations covering Traditional Trade products (bank guarantees and documentary products) and servicing the main European countries: Austria, Germany, Netherland, Spain and UK.
WHAT WILL YOUR PURPOSE BE?
- Dealing directly with CIB clients ensuring their needs are met and/or exceeded, processing client requests on a timely and proactive manner.
- Providing assistance/support to clients and corporate groups on technical aspects of International and Domestic Guarantees.
- Providing support and assistance to Front Office (FO) on technical aspects and practices and in getting deals booked and properly processed.
- Verifying that all approvals are in place (from Credit Risk, Compliance and Legal) in order to proceed with client requests
- Processing of Guarantees issued on behalf of the Bank’s clients or other branches/subsidiaries/correspondents, direct/indirect with due regard to legal, compliance and risk aspects.
- Checking that wordings in non-standard or pre-validated formats are acceptable for the Bank.
- Managing changes to the wordings, contacting directly with branches overseas or correspondents and liaising with Clients / GTS for obtaining the agreement of clients.
- Performing controls to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory regulations.
- Communicating with Clients, European Sites, Global Trade Service, Compliance & Legal Departments and other Banks.
- Registering the transactions within the Bank tools, ensuring a high level of accuracy in the records.
- In coordination with the Fees & Administration Officers, performing the monitoring of Guarantees as they reach their expiry dates. Checking terms of guarantee and liaising with Clients / branches / correspondent as necessary to ensure release from obligations in a smooth manner
- Keeping the guarantee records.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A good understanding of Guarantees products and specific regulation (URDG, ISP, UCP…)
- Knowledge of general accounting rules, mastering specific accounting rules for guarantees
- Systems and processes: Word/Excel, SWIFT.
- CSDG ICC Certification is a plus
- Analytical skills: identifying and presenting key information. Giving a structuring opinion and synthesizing all the elements pertaining to the matter in hand.
- Integrity. Acting ethically, in compliance with what is said and respecting the company’s values and rules.
- Risk management. Detecting, analysing and measuring risks, understanding their consequences in a long term perspective and acting to reduce them.
- Experience of 10 years in a similar position
- C1- English mandatory
- C1- French, German, Dutch
AND FINALLY…OUR BENEFITS!
We are a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why being part of our family rocks:
- Permanent roles
- Excellent salary conditions
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Flexible compensation plan: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, private health insurance, private pension plan
- Hybrid working model (up to 50% work from home)
- Flexible work environment
- 31 days of holidays + bank holidays
- Well situated and communicated offices (Emilio Vargas, 4)
- Personal development programs based on our career paths
- And last but not least…free fruit, futbolín, chill out area…you will enjoy all of these and more in our cool office in Madrid!
ARE YOU INTERESTED? CLICK ON “APPLY” AND LET´S HAVE A FIRST TALK.
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group may not be quite what you think? BNP Paribas business lines and careers are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.