GTO Trade Advisor
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the creation/drafting of complex Standby Letters of Credit for the Global Trade Operations Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs/creates Standby Letters of Credit (LC) for Bank customers by partnering with Bank, Customer/Buyer, and Customer/Beneficiary Attorneys. Ensures that the terms and conditions adhere to internal /external regulatory guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of Standby Letter of Credit legal implications as well as regulatory guidelines ensures that the LC document is accurate and compliant.
- Negotiates the terms and conditions based on the in depth knowledge of rules and regulations at own discretion.
- Periodic maintenance of Standby Letter of Credit including liability booking and management, standby billing and amendments. Provide monthly status of exceptions to manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Complete understanding and knowledge of compliance procedures and regulatory requirements applicable to international trade transactions, foreign trade practices and the associated legal requirements.
- Approve or escalate all compliance exceptions as needed.
- Continuous training and application of all BSA/AML compliance requirements including BSA/AML Red Flags, Customer Due Diligence and Customer activity monitoring.
- Good knowledge of trade operations systems.
- Experience with customer service and dispute resolution.
- Monitors customer relationships for compliance with transaction processing quality and quantity standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.