At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for processing various trade transactions such as: documentary collections, letter of credit, issuance, advising and/or amendments. Moderately complex terms and conditions moderate number of terms and conditions are typical for this level.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Receives and reviews assigned types of Letter of Credit (LC's) such as Import LC's, Export LC's or Standby LC's of moderate complexity and confirms that all necessary documents are presented pursuant to external/internal regulatory guidelines (i.e. ICC, UCP, and/or OFAC). Complexity is determined by the number of terms and conditions established in the transaction
- Examines, verifies, and ensures that the documents are accurate and contain appropriate language (e.g. instructions,) and adhere to external regulatory guidelines. Specifically: requirements applicable to international trade transactions, foreign trade practices and the associated legal requirements.
- Under minimal direction, manages all stages of the transaction processing including: logging, entry, internal file preparation, correspondence, issuance, advising, negotiations (Examination of Documents), amendments, authorization to pay, confirmation and settlements /payments. Able to process transactions with minimal reference based on level of knowledge of internal/external regulatory guidelines.
- Handles moderately complex customer or business partner inquiries regarding assigned international trade transactions. Resolves disputes or escalates to appropriate team member for resolution.
- Prepares and processes all monetary and non-monetary entries adjustments for assigned product type (e.g. Import LC's, Export LC's and/or Standby LC's and Documentary Collections)
- Prepares and processes accounting and liability entries for settlement and payment of maturing banker's acceptances and Trade Loans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge and working experience with documentary collections, bankers acceptances, and settlement/payments.
- Continuous training and application of all BSA/AML compliance requirements including BSA/AML Red Flags, Customer Due Diligence and Customer activity monitoring.
- Thorough knowledge and application of international trade transactions, UCP 600, URC 522 and associated legal and regulatory issues and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of customer service and dispute resolution issues relating to LC's and Documentary Collections.
- Respond to assigned LC inquiries verbally and in writing without assistance.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Bank Services