GSS Automation Development and Support Analyst
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
GSS – Global Support Services is a forward-looking Digital Command Center equipped to provide following “Support as a Services”: Primary services will include 24*7 Monitoring of production health in terms of End2End chains, event based Monitoring, incident classification/communication/escalation, Crisis & major incident management, predictive & trend analysis. GSS will also comprise of engineering team actively focusing on automating non-applicative redundant manual tasks & processes governed at CIB ITO production level.
Business Line / Function:
GSS – Global Support Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNP Paribas is looking for dynamic and highly motivated individuals for the role of Production Support Analyst. The person will be responsible to own the monitoring and first level of trouble shooting of applications in production environment. The role will be challenging and will involve high level of commitment and pro-activeness to maintain the 24*7 availability of the applications.
Job profile at a glance, the role will mainly focus on the monitoring, basic troubleshooting and communicating the production events. The event can be of various type and nature, ranging from simple application error or the infrastructure issue related to server crash. The main responsibility will be to ensure that all relevant events and issues are recorded and resolved in timely manner. In case the issue is out of scope, there will be a pre-defined escalation path that need to be triggered with relevant teams. In such case, the responsibility will be of a coordinator to inform the relevant teams and aid them with information to troubleshoot the issue. Apart from the issues, the role will also require extensive communication and coordination for production activities like DRP, problem & Critical Incident follow-ups. During releases and planned downtimes, the Command Centre will be responsible for management communications and orchestration of the activities among different teams.
The front line support will also be responsible to identify the gaps in monitoring and suggest improvements. Support person will also be in-charge of business impact tracking in-order to update stakeholders in real time and Prioritize/escalate the subjects as per need. The role will also require the person to be familiar with tools like Geneos, Service Now and SharePoint. Knowledge on scripting language like Python will be an asset.
· Monitor applications/end to end value chain in scope with the help of provided tools
· Manage alerts for resolution and escalate for investigation
· Maintain documentation about alerts and process guidelines for easy resolution of issues and follow up during incident management
· DRP coordination and communications.
· Act as first line of contact for end users to register their queries and concerns
· Liaise with Level2, Infra Teams, Incident manager in case of global issues
· Keep track of impact and follow through the age of incidents
· Document the process and guidelines as per requirement.
- Documentation and review of application data.
- Maintaining the repository of category based production alerts and timely escalation of repeated issues.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge on Major Incident management & Problem Management as per ITIL guidelines.
- Knowledge on DRP process and guidelines.
- Good knowledge of ITIL concepts and principles.
- Good knowledge on Documentation and high quality presentations.
- Basic knowledge of Linux, Windows, SQL will be additional.
- Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills (written & verbal).
- Ability to manage systematic coordination with users/ teams, both written and verbal.
- Dynamic approach to cater to different situations and applications based on business chains.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Graduate in Computers/IT field with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience in production support project will be preferred.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)