Group Regional Manager - Tri-State Region - Minneapolis, MN
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for overall performance and environment of retail branches within assigned regions. This position leads, directs and manages branch teams in achieving profitability, sales, customer experience, compliance, and growth objectives within the region. Responsible for overall planning and performance in all of the following functions within the region: business development, customer retention, customer experience, credit processes, service quality, community involvement and human resource management. Ensures expansion and retention of customer base and development of customer relationships through cross-selling retail and small business banking products in accordance with secured and unsecured lending limits, laws and regulations, corporate policies and procedures, and bank objectives.
Also responsible for partnering with other lines of business such as Mortgage, Investments and Wealth to deepen customer relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and manages retail branch banking offices, which includes sales, service and operations staff. Responsible for the professional development of lower level managers, ensuring high performance levels within an organization.
- Implements and reinforces policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data where appropriate; has authority to approve overdrafts and/or appeal loans within signing authority level. Leads annual budget review process for division.
- Represents the bank as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, the local community, suppliers, competitors, professional societies, and similar groups.
- Obtains and evaluates general and specific business conditions, and keeps top management advised on such matters.
- Makes recommendations regarding the bank’s product and market coverage in collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing, and operational activities. Leads with a well-established collaboration model, high level engagement and strong relationships in conjunction with Market Partners – making decisions that are considerate of partners’ success.
- Assumes responsibility for carrying out operations in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, securing professional counsel when necessary.
- Exercises human resource responsibility for personnel supervised including hiring, termination, performance review, salary recommendation, and personnel issues. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses annual performance for direct subordinates. Able to manage workforce optimization effectively and efficiently across all branches in the region.
Manages and influence partner relationships and represent division-engagement, GPS, NPS, and market view/collaboration model.
- Develops managers and officers by giving support in developing new account relationships. Participates directly in the sales effort to attract, retain and grow relationships.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members. Responsible for onboarding Level 4 Senior Managers (RM I) which may include, coaching, mentoring, complex HR issues and performance management.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention.
- Reinforces the bank’s mission, vision and values by serving as a culture agent, motivating employees to achieve higher standards and promoting a commitment to excellence in service, sales, knowledge/learning, and technology-driven products and processes.
- Promotes community involvement and serves in the communities serviced by the region. Leverage skills by Leading a non-profit or community entity.
- Develops budget for the unit and allocates funds within budget limits to accomplish objectives.
- Monitors variance against budget on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares short and long-range business plans. Monitors progress.
- Gathers market data so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Ensures that the unit’s operating procedures are in compliance with the approved policies and procedures of the bank and with applicable regulations.
- Participates in civic, community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the designated marketplace. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 12 - 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires 5 – 7 years of Sales Management experience.
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor’s degree in business or related subject
- 12 - 15 yrs of retail banking and leadership experience
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Collaborative professional skills that advance a shared and partnered approach to meeting objectives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer experience excellence
- Ability to manage complex HR issues
- Ability to create and retain highly engaged team
- Able to embrace and deliver on the strategic mission of the bank
- Able to be a collaborative partner with other bank areas and business lines Business travel as required
- Demonstrated ability to lead sales activities, manage processes, budget
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Reinforces the bank’s mission, vision and values by serving as a culture agent, motivating employees to achieve higher standards and promoting a commitment to excellence in service, sales,Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge/learning, and technology-driven products and processes
- Promotes community involvement and serves in the communities serviced by the region.
- Organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task Computer literacy/proficiency in a windows operation system
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.