At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Position Summary
The Group Manager, Credit Risk Personal Finance Division (PFD) will have 1st and 2nd line of defense oversight over all credit risks associated with loan originations, performing loans and default loans for consumer finance lending including RV, Marine, Essex and Direct Lending. Responsible for all approval of product proposals, credit risk oversight, MIS, Scoring, policy for RV, Marine, Personal Loans, Essex and liquidating Auto loans. Serves in a matrix-management environment with a direct reporting relationship to the Chief Consumer Credit Officer. Will consider relocation allowance for the right candidate.Responsibilities
• Oversight of PFD Credit Risk Policies and Procedures
• Develops vision of an effective PFD policy framework and articulate changes and improvements to the leadership team and other stakeholders.
• Drives development and approval of clear and concise credit risk policies & procedures to ensure effective implementation.
• Benchmarks high standards for all PFD policies, guidance, standards and procedures; auditable, quality of content, appropriateness, completeness, up-to-date, effective, and executable.
• Effectively engages with PFD Credit Risk stakeholders during the planning, designing, building and optimizing of Credit Risk procedures to ensure business support and effective implementation.
• Oversee effective administration of PFD Credit Risk policy & procedure documentation in repository and archives.
• Ensure PFD policy rollouts/changes have a comprehensive communication plan to ensure teams implement changes effectively and in a timely manner.
• Responsible for oversight and identification of areas of potential credit risks in the PFD RV, Marine, Essex, and Direct Loans and recommends/oversees implementation of mitigation strategies
• Has oversight and approval of PFD efforts to measure, monitor and mitigate various aspects of the loan policies including risks associated with originations, underwriting, portfolio management and collections
• Approve and maintain PFD credit policies consistent with consumer finance risk appetite.
• Assure proper escalation of PFD credit risk issues within governance framework.
• Participate in external reviews by GSE’s, regulators, government agencies and rating agencies.
• Oversight of the lending authorities across the PFD, and ensure that the delegated lending limits are effectively administered, reduced or eliminated when required.
• Identify, analyze and report PFD key risk metrics including early warning indicators. Work extensively with the analytics team to develop robust PFD metrics. Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly delinquency forecast for the PFD portfolios
• Use PFD delegated lending authority to approve transactions whenever escalated.
• This role will have people management responsibility with direct oversight of the Credit Policy, Models, MIS and participate in independent oversight of Underwriting, Funding QA, and Collection & Default.
• Minimum 15 years of senior risk leadership experience in the mortgage lending industry required.
• Skilled leader in a matrix-management environment
• Requires mastery level knowledge and skills within personal finance and consumer lending
• Requires broad management and strong leadership skills to successfully direct teams across multiple, transversal projects.
• Understanding of consumer credit risks requirements and experience implementing ongoing reporting metrics aligned to industry standards.
• Exceptional ability to develop positive relationships and lead through influence with diverse internal and external stakeholders, build consensus and prioritize action and results.
• Proven ability to coach, develop and motivate direct reports to generate impact and meet annual goals.
• Maintains strong network of stakeholders and can leverage relationships for the benefit of the Bank.
• Critical and structured thinker with superior analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work within a fast-paced and complex environment Education
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations