At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
NOTE: The location for this role is very flexible! We prefer the new hire sit in one of the five locations mentioned in the posting.
Job Description Summary
Primarily responsible for the creation of a culture of best in class Customer Experience by working with all channels and customer touch points across all business units. Provide leadership in the development and execution of enhanced practices, processes and policies which support the achievement of a best in class customer experience, with the outcome of high net advocacy results from customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and administer system for collecting customer insight and feedback on customer experience. System may include customer surveys and other research methods.
- Develop and implement system for providing closed-loop feedback on customer feedback to various teams.
- Work with channels and business partners that service customers in developing meaningful and achievable customer advocacy and customer satisfaction goals.
- Work with partners in their development of initiatives for improving customer experience and meeting established goals.
- Coordinate the tracking, monitoring and analysis of improvements in customer experience within each channel and business unit. Develop system for benchmarking customer advocacy and satisfaction results versus competitors.
- Develop and implement processes which enable the sharing and adapting of best practices for improving customer experience across the organization.
- Participate in development of training and coaching routines to ensure employees have skills necessary to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer in discussion of initiatives.
Other Job Duties
Work closely with the Chief Customer Officer as well as other key stakeholders across the bank to define the operational role of the enterprise CX program.
Analyze the work that has been done to date and identify recommendations and plans for further growth/maturation
Guide and oversee the maturation of customer feedback analytics to inform CX reporting geared towards driving action. This includes refining line of business specific customer feedback analyses to clearly define the impact of CX in a way that that best meets the needs of varying audiences.
Participate in the evaluation/selection of commercial technologies to advance the enterprise customer experience story.
Support efforts to evaluate and define the customer satisfaction/customer loyalty measurement strategy that best aligns with Bank of the West’s goals and objectives.
Define key CX metrics to help stakeholders better weight and prioritize customer feedback trends.
Socialize and share the results of the enterprise cx program with key stakeholders across Bank of the West
Managing Line of Business Leads & Engaging Cross-Functional Peers
• Working to build and lead a team of expert CX practitioners who will closely partner with their peers in each line of business.
• Engage with leadership across entire organization to gather, analyze and manage expectations.
• Manage day-to-day activities associated with leading a team.
• Communicate frequently with directly manager on progress, opportunities and long term needs.
• Ensure team is growing and maturing in a demonstrable way.
- Bachelor's Degree Organizational Behavior, Research, Business-centric field is REQUIRED.
- Master’s degree in similar field is preferred.
- CCXP certification a plus.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum 5 years of professional experience either consulting with or internally leading a customer experience practice for a large enterprise organization
- Proven experience/results in driving customer experience improvements
- Expertise in identifying key drivers of the customer experience.
- Ability to identify an initiative's impact on customer experience and balance with other priorities including cost and other strategic imperatives
- Ability to influence decisions and gain consensus across different channels and lines of business, particularly in the case of competing interests and priorities.
- Proven expertise in change management and process improvement.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Customer Experience Required
- Experience building and leading impactful teams is a must.
- Proven results in driving customer experience improvement across customer touch points, business units and technologies.
- This position requires extensive experience in strategy development and an ability to manage processes and platforms to execute strategies.
- Strong understanding of data and technology advancements needed to drive strategic decision-making.
- Experience in various research, analytics and data management methodologies and an understanding of how to value and select appropriate technologies to advance customer-centricity across a complex organization is necessary to be successful in this position.
- The successful candidate must possess strong leadership, collaboration, vendor management, communication, executive presence and presentation skills.
- Preferred proven experience in a Fortune 500 company leading cross-organizational experience design.
- Ideally has led customer centric strategies applying CX tools such as journey mapping and co-creation. Demonstrated understanding of consumer and business-to-business channel experiences and expectations, measures of satisfaction and performance drivers.
- Strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills; ability to present analysis including trends and opportunities to stakeholders in writing and verbally.
- Experience with data mining, process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and evaluation of business processes.
- An understanding of information architecture related to customer experience and usability design techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization.
- A positive disposition and ability to relate well with others.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Operations