About the job
- The Group Lead Buyer is responsible for optimising the Spend bases across the purchasing segments under his/her responsibility, for all BNP Paribas entities, in accordance with the Group's rules of conduct applicable to supplier relationships. A purchasing segment may correspond either to a sub-category within a procurement category or to a portfolio of key suppliers
- To achieve these objectives, the Group Lead Buyer
- Defines a procurement strategy and action plan for his/her segment(s)
- Oversees the implementation of the purchasing action plan within his/her segment(s) with BNP Paribas entities
- Manages the supplier relationship within his/her segment(s)
- Ensures the satisfaction of internal customers in terms of supplier costs, quality, deadlines and service level
- Contributes to cross-functional purchasing actions across the categories or actions relating to the improvement of purchasing processes or tools within the group
- He/she manages an expenses budget of up to several hundred million euros with a global geographical scope
- Ensures his/her actions and strategy are in keeping with the Group's CSR policy
Your Main Activities Are
- With the support of the Group Category Manager and/or the Team Leader, manage the multi-functional team (internal customers or stakeholders), define the procurement action plans for his/her segments and ensure their validation by the Purchasing Management Team
- Ensures the implementation of the purchasing action plan within his/her segment(s) through BNP Paribas entities, in accordance with the Group's rules of conduct applicable to relationships with suppliers: Primarily by being personally in charge of major projects, and by coaching/coordinating the actions of the Entity Buyers, in conjunction with the Entity CPOs
- Supervises and monitor the supplier selection process within his/her segment(s)
- Communicate the results of his/her actions to the entities' Purchasing teams (calls for tender, negotiations, process changes, among others) and spend time with the entities' Purchasing teams to facilitate the effective implementation of global supplier actions and contracts
- Ensures and monitor the achievement and reporting of savings, in accordance with the rules of the Purchasing Function within the Group relating to the calculation and reporting of procurement savings
- Manages the supplier relationships in his/her segment(s)
- Act as Key Supplier Manager for major key suppliers
- Organises the delegation of local supplier relationship management to the Entity Purchasing teams, in accordance with the Group Purchasing Norms and Standards
- Ensures the satisfaction of internal customers in terms of costs, quality, deadlines and service level, and implement corrective actions if needed
- Monitor supplier risk, in accordance with the Assessment Procedure, and monitor and control the Group's exposure to supplier risk
- Contributes to the Responsible Purchasing policy
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience experience in Procurement and Facilities Management or in Client Management (3 to 4 years)
- Proficient use of Excel
- French fluency
- Ability to conduct a negotiation
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Ability to deliver/Results driven
- Client focused
- Critical thinking
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.