We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who demonstrate the attributes that are fundamental to becoming a successful Building surveyor. The Graduate Programme supports you to become a Chartered Surveyor with the RICS, and the programme generally takes on average two years to complete. You will be assigned a Buddy, Supervisor and Counsellor upon joining.
Training and development
- Full APC training via with the RICS, and continued support for all graduates;
- Pre-APC mock interviews/presentation training and seminars;
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) lectures.
Roles and responsibilities
- To work on day to day tasks as set by line manager and APC supervisor;
- To take responsibility for work and projects as appropriate to the team/department in which they currently work;
- To liaise with APC supervisor and counsellor on a regular basis to discuss progress towards the APC;
- First class ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
Delivery to client
- Relevant understanding of business/departmental context;
- Accuracy and quality of reporting to clients;
- Is responsive to the needs of the client and looks for ways to improve products and services.
Clients and Business Development
- Proactive in building relationships with internal and external service providers and responsive and helpful to external clients.
- Relevant understanding of business/ departmental context.
- Accuracy and quality of reporting to clients.
- Has a small network of internal and external contacts.
- Shares expertise with colleagues;
- Proactively communicates to colleagues and others;
- Works collaboratively with others in a team;
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Ability to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy;
- Awareness of Equal Opportunities.
Systems and Process
- Works within clearly defined, well established processes under regular supervision.
- Solves problems by following well defined processes and precedents.
- Consults more experienced colleagues on more difficult or unfamiliar situations.
- Conscious of and takes steps to protect the interests of BNP Paribas Real Estate, employees and reputation.
- Competent using all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Interpersonal skills – confident communicators with the ability to express opinions clearly and convincingly;
- Achievement/determination – strong track record of academic and personal achievement
- Motivated and committed to a career within Surveying;
- Analytical capability – good problem-solving skills and logical approach.
- Already achieved or working towards an RICS accredited degree. Preferably within Building Surveying
- Property work experience.
What You Can Expect From Us:
You will be joining a friendly, entrepreneurial and inclusive culture. We are driven by our core values and aim to embody them in all we do. We aspire to be refreshingly different and achieve this through using our unique perspectives, capabilities and expertise. We are bravely ambitious by going beyond what is required of us, and we are successful together; trusting one another and working collaboratively to achieve great results.
We recognise our employees are our most valuable asset, and our benefits scheme, employee engagement opportunities and Learning & Development offerings are our commitment to you and your career with us. We offer personal support, a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package. If you chose to join BNP Paribas or one of our subsidiaries, we will develop your strengths and fulfil your career ambitions.
BNP Paribas Real Estate, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading European real estate adviser with more than 5,400 experts across 36 countries. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. The personal information we collect are for the purposes of processing in connection with the company’s recruitment procedure. We will keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how we processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive