Governance Project Manager for CIB Global Banking IT, Transformation and Architecture
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The purpose of the position is to handle, monitor and or coordinate governance over multiple global projects in IT domains within corporate banking.
In close cooperation with global teams, the Governance PM will contribute to analyse as is situations, perform organizational diagnosis, contribute to change management and ensure coordination between multicultural teams.
The profile will contribute to the transformation of IT Corporate Banking - Global Banking IT Architecture and Transformation in few dimensions:
- Governance and framework follow up
- Link with various process and organization teams
- Animate workshop to define and develop key IT dimensions (asset reviews, cluster definitions, migration strategies and relation with business definitions)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Analysis of existing set up based on a previous defined scope
- Benchmark existing options (vertical / horizontal, product line, techno oriented, functional oriented, geographic…) and organization levers
- Able to analyse pre studies by taking in account risks and compliance dimensions, including execution risks
- Able to set minute high level meetings
- Support and advise on some organization directions taken
- Able to impact studies of changes proposed (communication flows, organizational charts, procedures, work positions, geographies, smart sourcing, impact of new techno’s)
- Able to analyse existing methods, process and procedures
- Able to understand and study the integration of applications and technologies in the banking processes and organization
- Capacity to set and animate meetings
- Able to syndicate and get agreement on proposed directions (or contribute to)
- Propose meaningful project structure and governance, and manage key stakeholders
- Provide method and expertise to frame and execute the project on time, on quality and on budget
- Lead the project team on a daily basis (tasks allocation, prioritization, etc.) to ensure successful delivery
- Bring top-down perspective and escalate any transversal issues
- Elaborate new organizational schemes
- Able to formalize recommendations and proposal to management
- Define project phases / waves and allocate tasks to different sub project teams
- Define training requirements
- Follow up planning and budget
- Follow up of the implementation of changes proposed
- Contribute to communications streams
- Able to animate communications meetings
- Ensure relevant training are taken with relevant monitoring
- Follow up the good end execution of projects
- Contribute to choices of sourcing strategy to execute projects
Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management is required
Excellent command of English and strong written and verbal communication
Previous experience in an investment banking and/or strategy and management consulting would be appreciated
Mastery of project management methodologies and tools
Proficient command of Microsoft tools
Good knowledge of banking products (credit, trade, cash management, supply chain…)
Highly organised and able to multi-task
Synthesis as well as analytical capacity
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.