IT Governance Analyst
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
q Bank of the West is a regional financial services company, headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas. It has more than 600 branches and offices in the Midwest and Western United States.
q The requirement is for the IT Governance Analyst, which is part of the Business Operations/Management group.
Team member – Risk & Governance
26th Sep 2019
Business Line / Function:
Business Operations – Bank of the West IT
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The IT Controls & Governance Analyst Officer will assist in policies, standards and procedures review with document owners and managers and if needed develop/write standards and procedures documents for operations. This role will report to the Controls and Governance Manager Senior, and will be central to the team’s success in effectively managing the up-to-date policies, standards and procedures document revisions and inventory.
The incumbent will play an important role coordinating Technology team engagements for policy, standards and procedures revisions and responses for BOW-related audit and controls assessments
· Policy, standards and procedures maintenance that documents are updated according to industry regulatory standards, deadlines are met, approvals obtained, guidelines communicated and followed, and repository / system of record up-to-date.
· Engages with technical process owners to understand technical process steps and guide development of standards, procedures and controls in alignment with policy and the IT Governance framework.
· Assists in coordinating annual IT standards and procedures review and attestation campaign to ensure quality and completeness.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related field strongly preferred;
· Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for engagements and follow-ups with line managers
· Excellent communication skills to lead a conversation and presentations remotely
· Experience writing and managing IT policies and procedures throughout their lifecycle
· Strong computer skills including MSOffice (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) and SharePoint preferred
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver quality work product in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with a focus on quality, completeness and accuracy
· The ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
· The ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)