GMO Documentation Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Confirmations team are responsible for the confirmation of trades with counterparties. This is confirmed through electronic matching platforms or manually via paper.
The team of 7 ( 1 headcount allocated to BNPP Fortis business) covers the trade confirmation of all confirmable deals within market acceptable deadlines, in line with business procedures, covering a variety of products across fixed income.
The department is partially customer facing and is relied upon as a safety net as any discrepancies have to be escalated to the relevant trader or marketer. Therefore attention to detail is needed as this role is heavily relied upon to ensure operation risk is minimised.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Group Mailbox management
- Monitor and act upon all incoming mails in a timely and efficient manner
- This is especially important as the group has a direct customer interface through electronic mail, as well as aiding other departments within the bank
- Confirmation contact database maintenance
- This is administered via the Cosmo system and must be updated as per all client requests as to where their confirmations (including copies) are required are to be sent
- Use of Transcom – This displays records of confirmations that have been sent and can be used to prepare PDF copies as and when required
- Action on the Task Station – Monitoring client’s fund that do not have any information in regards to confirmations and investigating what is the best setup (supress confirmations or sending confirmations and where to)
- Investigate and resolve “Naks” - where confirmations have failed to be sent as per details held on Cosmo. This is necessary to maintain integrity of confirmation contact database
- Manual Swift confirmation via Plasma system
- Manual confirmations have to be sent utilising Plasma for Swift preparation but in general it is more satisfactory to send automatically
- Trax Trade Matching System
- The department has a live interface with the TRAX system. TRAX is a market control system used to minimise operational risk to the bank
- TRAX is a real time matching tool that allows the bank to compare its booking with client’s booking. If all the details are consistent the trades will match
- All trades which are unmatched (status ADV or MKC) and cannot be found in the bank’s Front Line Trading system Star have to be escalated and monitored to resolution
- Confirmation Indexing
- All incoming confirmations received by either Fax or email are manually checked against Calypso and databased on the Transcom system
- Manual Confirmations
- Due to its more complex nature, certain trades will require confirmations less standardized and manually drafted with a specific legal wording. The team is responsible for: drafting a confirmation based on templates provided by the FO, check its details against the booking, sign the document, chase until the confirmation gets countersigned by the client and store the files for audit purposes. These deals include Bond Forwards and Structured Repo trades
- Required level of education: Bachelor Degree
- English Level B1-B2
- Strong organisational ability
- Communication Skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail and focus on the accuracy of work and procedures
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.