BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading
European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than
202,000 employees. The Group provides
corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service
solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of
financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth
management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and
consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP
Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a
leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers
located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We
partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and
Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three
verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
Global Markets - Custody and Clearance
The Global Markets business of BNP
Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital
markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment
needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from
Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial
markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and
are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range
from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally
developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these
IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application
production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development
& Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an
equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations
including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This
partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy
to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering
landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It
continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business
continuing to invest in it.
Park - Malad
Line / Function:
of Direct Reports:
· To work closely with the business and end-users in order to understand
their requirements and processes.
· To analyse business issues / requests and produce solution options for
consideration by the business, end-users and IT development team.
· To produce specifications at an appropriate level of detail that can be
interpreted and used by IT development staff.
· To prepare and execute functional testing of all new functionality
developed or else to ensure that such testing is comprehensively delegated to
a specialist test team.
· To prepare and organize user acceptance testing and manage the UAT
sign-off process, including producing any necessary training materials,
documentation and end-user and IT Support procedures.
· To ensure the creation of considered work estimates for a development,
utilizing agreed best practices.
· To plan specific projects to achieve agreed delivery dates with agreed
levels of resources, respecting a formalized planning process. Plans are to
be maintained and regularly re-evaluated.
· To manage assigned projects to ensure delivery meets deadlines and is
within budget, where "manage" implies tracking and reporting
progress, agreeing variations ﴾to
scope, deadlines, costs or quality﴿
with project sponsors and stakeholders and ensuring that the plan is
· To liaise with resources and departments outside the project's direct
control which are necessary to ensure the project delivery.
· To build relationships as necessary within and beyond the immediate team
to achieve these goals.
· Undertake training programs for the IT team
& Behavioral Competencies
Business Domain and Technical:
· A minimum of 4 years of IT business analysis experience
· Good problem solving and analytical skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic front to back trade flow steps and
· Experience of the full software development lifecycle
· Experience with capturing and documenting user requirements, both
explicit and implied
· Experience of writing specifications so as to communicate effectively
with a development team
· Structured testing experience (write, execute and maintain test plans)
· Working knowledge of SQL and ability to query database for analysis and
investigation of issues
· Knowledge of formal project planning and management techniques
· Ability to work in an autonomous fashion with low-levels of management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good level of knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Problem solving and analytical skills;
· Critical thinking and Decision Making;
· Result oriented;
· Ability to build effective relationships
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Integrating with multi-cultural dimension
- Exposure to Fixed Income Bonds and Repo financial
products and concepts is a plus but not required.
- Some understanding to the trade processing lifecycle
(including not necessarily all trading, trade capture, clearing, settlement
and accounting), focus on Bond and Repo is a plus.
- Work experience with Broadridge Impact application
and data model.
- Work experience in Atlassian JIRA for work management
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience of constructing and monitoring formal
- Knowledge of formal software analysis and
specification techniques such as state-transition diagrams, workflow diagrams,
- Credible presentation skills, meaning confident
public speaking, the ability to abstract or encapsulate information and
present it in a way that is appropriate to the needs of different
- Previous experience dealing with and
training users from different business areas including Clearance and
Settlement, Middle Office, and IT
Qualifications (if required)
- Graduate with at least 4-6 years of business
analysis experience. (MBA capital markets/Finance preferred)
- Experience preferred in
investment banking environment (Trade Workflow/ Settlement/Accounting
collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Choose an item.
understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)