About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Senior Software Engineer
28 Nov 2019
Global Markets IT
Business Line / Function:
Global Markets IT
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
We are looking for Java developer who will be a core member of a development team that designs, develops and supports software applications.
Direct Responsibilities & Contributing Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and users for understanding the functional and system requirements.
• Writing code and unit tests, automation and conducting code reviews and testing
• Performing ongoing refactoring of code, and delivering continuous improvement
• Participate in daily scrum meetings
• Participate in sprint planning and estimation of tasks
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Mandatory Technical expertise required:
- Hands-on experience of at least 5 years in Core Java, Spring, Hibernate and SQL
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- Should be able to understand complex systems and take the initiative, to seek out and accept new responsibilities
- Should be good in interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a team
Nice to have Technical skills / Tools knowledge:
- Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit
- Curiosity and analysis skills and willingness to learn.
- Good Communication skills.
- Quality-focused with a good eye for detail.
- Capacity to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with other developers within the team.
- Creativity and Problem solving attitude.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years of relevant experience
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)