GMIT Chennai FX Plus Technical Lead
FX Plus – Technical Lead
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Client and Sales Facing (CnSF) teams provide eCommerce platforms to Global Markets, Sales, external clients and research.
FX Plus is BNPP global platform that provides FX rates for international payments. The FX products include live rates, guaranteed rates, pre-negotiated rates… FX+ real-time pricing capabilities give our corporate and retail clients with more FX choices at better rates. FX+ V2.0 now covers APAC, Middle East and Europe regions.
Global Markets IT – GMIT Flow and EC&D
ISPL - Chennai
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
In order to:
- expand FX+ into new BNP Paribas Group territories, domestic banks and third-party external payment processing companies
- and build new product offerings (such as exotic currencies and API products),
BNPP is recruiting highly motivated Technical Lead to work on FX+ V3.0 the team in Chennai.
The candidate will report to the Local Project Manager and will be part of a global distributed teams in London, Paris and Hong Kong.
This position is a great opportunity for a candidate who wants to participate in building a state-of-art technology platform as well as further his/her knowledge of e-banking, cross-border payments and foreign exchange.
· Work on system analysis, design, development and maintenance of FX+ applications.
· Apply agile methodology for the development and the delivery.
· Be an active contributor to:
o System architecture improvement
o Delivery improvement (development tools, methodology, test automation…)
· Be an active team player (escalate issues, seek help and get training when needed, help and train team members when requested)
· A technologist, with an interest in emergent technologies and practices
· Work with the team to ensure programming standards are maintained and continuously evolved.
· Evolve and develop his technical skills through knowledge acquisition and knowledge sharing initiatives
· Propose solutions and contribute to reducing technical debt
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Essential technical knowledge and skills:
· Solid development experience in CSS, Sass/Less, Bootstrap 3.0/4.0. Angular 7, fontawesome
· Continuous Integration processes and tools: Jenkins, Git, Test automation, DevOps
· Experience with architecture and design of microservices architecture, event driven architecture using Cloud technologies
· Demonstrated experience with the Spring Framework
· Knowledge of Cloud and container technologies
· Strong knowledge of relational databases
Nice to have technical Skills
· Knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.
· Has a keen interest on UI/UX and obsessed with details.
· Knowledge of Scrum Methodologies / Scrum Master
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· 8 to 10 years of experience in Java backend development
· 2 years of experience in Agile methodology
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)