In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with a strong global footprint across 71 markets and more than 198,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking is a leading global financial partner, offering a wide range of tailored solutions in Capital Markets, Securities Services, Financing, Treasury and Advisory Services. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region. Currently with a presence in 13 markets and over 18,000 employees, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutional with an uninterrupted presence since 1860.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
You will be joining the Global Market Global Prime Finance Production Support team provides application support services to Global Prime Finance business globally. The candidate will be interacting and working alongside the front office, developers, business analysts, middle office and infrastructure teams. Being at the fore front of supporting the applications the team members have high exposure to and work with the Front to Back Business teams on a daily basis within a fast paced dynamic environment.
This is a trade floor application support role that requires the candidate to investigate and resolve user, system & infrastructure generated issues across the Global Prime Finance Production systems in a timely manner. You will be working closely with the regional and global teams across business, product, project management and technology teams. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to projects based on the core production management work streams such as stability programs e.g. Automation, Application Resilience etc.
Your key responsibilities
• Drive an operational environment for front office business applications from daily operational tasks, ensuring a stable operating environment for the applications.
• Drive platform improvement initiatives in monitoring, stability, resiliency and capacity for Global Prime Finance systems across APAC
• Project manage the integration of the new Prime Solutions and Financing platform
• Engage actively with stakeholders including head of trading desk and technology managers
• Plan, review and execute change releases into production environment and work closely with business stakeholders, application developers, infrastructure teams and QA teams to minimize change related incidents
• Lead production governance meetings with compliance and control agenda
• Incident / Problem / Change management work
• Release management – being the gatekeepers for the production environment, ensuring all change is understood and scheduled appropriately
• Morning and weekend checks – in conjunction with global teams ensuring system readiness for the start of day and start of week
• Monitoring – use and continual improvement to the main monitoring tool
• Manage / participate in the implementation rollout of new services.
• Work with counterparts globally and ensuring there is a common/collective approach to issues/problems
• DR Drill – coordinate and participate annual DR events
• Assist in the automation of repetitive task
• Operate in a ‘follow the sun model’ to ensure issues are resolved globally
• Working alongside the existing team members on a shift basis.
• Provide on call coverage as required
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Ability to both manage and adapt changes and complexity with confidence
• Takes initiative, self-learner, diligent, dependable and result driven team player
• Getting things done in large organizations – understanding of where to use processes and how to build and operate a network
• Self-sufficient drive and ability to work round blockers in a sustainable manner
• Good prioritization skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Work across countries, regions and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability
• Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux operating system
• Proficient in SQL and Shell scripting
• Experience with Perl/Shell scripting, Excel and VBA
• Experience with managing platforms in Linux and Windows environment
• Experience with monitoring tools Autosys, ITRS Geneos and Dynatrace
• Experienced and understand Agile methodology
Qualifications and Experience
• University qualification with IT Major
• Minimum 3+ years working experience in Investment Banking application Support or Securities Trading industry with relevant exposure to development and support.