In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnershipshttps://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
An application support analyst is required to join a global application support team. The team plays a key role liaising between the business, IT development and other support and technical teams.
The team is split across 4 sites London, Singapore, Mumbai and New York looking after a group of applications: risks and P&L explain, risk presentation, analytical libraries and market contribution tools. The new member will be based in Singapore taking care of risk and P&L daily checks for Rates and Credit perimeters for Fixed Income. The applicant needs to be able to work autonomously and have good communication skills to interact with other team members globally.
He will work in a team of 6 people (including him) supporting mainly in-house applications which are mainly hosted in Europe and developed by teams in UK.
Most of the applications and systems are internally developed systems.
These applications cover different functions around Risk and PnL : Risk generation, Risk Presentation, PnL Explain, Schedulers, Position services, Market Data referentials, …
They also cover several perimeters : Credit, Rates, CVA, Exotic, Hybrid, FX Options,…
Some applications are backend for Risk and PnL Viewers directly used by Traders or Middle Office. We also deliver important data to other IT Teams.
Main duties of application support team in Singapore:
• Ensure applications are up and running (End of day and Intraday risk): all components are working fine globally. Do sanity checks on the risk numbers.
• Take care of risk: Batches
• Ensure proper handover of issues from NY to Singapore and from Singapore to London/Mumbai
• Work closely with other support teams for risk systems
• Be able to do early shifts from 7am. You will be working with another person so there will be shifts.
• Overall system monitoring.
• Deal with global development and infrastructure team to do incident and problem management
• Maintain and update knowledge base about the applications
• Participate in improving our monitoring and alerting tools for the support team to be more proactive on incident resolution and prevention.
• Handle user queries from APAC Middle Office and APAC traders
• Monitor team mailboxes
• Follow up on incidents through classis ITIL incident management procedures
• Follow Change management procedure to ensure integrity of systems.Contributing Responsibilities
• Follow Good conduct policy driven by BNP Paribas
• Ensure IT Security policies are followed at all times to protect the bank against threats.
• Be a factor of change : Propose initiatives to improve team processes and systems, challenge status quo.
• Contribute to Application Production Support strategies decided by APS Management teams.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Strong appetite for learning and ability to solve complex problems.
• Enthusiasm and be committed to work
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to use own initiative
• Experience in supporting business critical systems
• The ability to deliver results quickly and under pressure is essential
• Good communication skills and proactive attitude.
• Needs to be flexible towards working hours. 7am singapore time start
• Possible exceptional weekend covers to do backup drillsTechnical
• SQL (Oracle, SQL Server)
• Excel, VBA
• Unix commands
• Basic Python scriptingCore Competencies
Candidates should have/be able to demonstrate :-
• strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities
• strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
• Be business oriented, positive, resilient, full of stamina with a clear focus on results and deliveries
Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.Specific Qualifications Required
• Basic understanding of trading Risk and PnL
• Knowledge of ITRS Geneos Monitoring system
• Python advanced
• ITIL basic knowledge