MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Trade & Treasury Solutions division provides solutions to improve and optimize the working capital of financial institutions and corporate clients worldwide. This division encompasses four different businesses operating as a strategic unit to address core client needs:
• Liquidity & Investment Advisory (LIA) is a product line responsible for increasing deposit volume and quality, by offering a full product continuum and a superior liquidity advisory service for the CIB corporate client base.
• International Cash Management provides solutions that enable our clients to manage and optimize their cash flows and liquidity worldwide by leveraging the BNP Paribas global network.
• Transaction Solutions for Banks supports the BNP Paribas global network and provides third-party financial institutions worldwide with comprehensive services to meet their domestic clients’ international payment and trade needs.
• Global Trade Solutions is to provide clients with services and tailored solutions to mitigate risk in trade transactions, propose financing and optimize working capital management. The two main product lines are Traditional Trade and Supply Chain Finance.
Reports to the Head of Structuring for GTS Americas, however on a day to day basis the person will work closely with the GTS Trade Managers supporting their Sales activities in the region. Responsibilities will span business across the Americas regional portfolio of new & existing business and will provide support in the following areas:
1. Technical Advice / Structuring: Provide technical guidance and advice to Trade Managers and clients related to Global Trade Solutions business with a focus on trade finance instruments such as documentary letters of credit, stand-by letters of credit and bank guarantees. Make suggestions to improve structures while mitigating operational risks, etc.
2. Credit: Seek relevant credit, capital, and compliance / CSR approvals for issuance / confirmation / reissuance of trade finance instruments, ensure adequate pricing, optimize pricing, run GRR models, prepare RWA greenlights and support memos, and manage the credit process jointly with the relevant coverage team. Additionally for fronting activity, manage fronting risk with R-IM team for traditional trade corporate assets.
3. Network Management: Optimize internal and external network contacts and information available to source and manage traditional trade opportunities. Interface with global peers internally (and externally when required) to manage our role in traditional trade instruments.
4. Facility / Transaction Execution: Support in the finalization of legal documentation, explanation of structure to Transaction Support / Middle Office / Back Office staff and generally oversee transactions from credit approval to closing ensuring their adherence to bank policy / procedure and timely and proper execution.
5. Client training: Participate in client events / trainings and trade seminars.
6. The role will potentially involve interaction with clients. The level of client interaction and the sophistication of Structuring / Advising responsibilities (including transaction complexity assigned; and peer review of other team members work) will be impacted by the experience and seniority of the employee and assigned by the GTS Structuring Manager or delegate.
7. Staying abreast of law / regulation / trade finance guidelines and best market practices related to trade finance instruments.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent required in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Affairs, or similar field.
• Minimum of 5-7 year experience inthe field of trade finance instruments.
• Technical LC experience (5 years) - knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Credits (UCP 600), International Standby Practices (ISP98) including Uniform Commercial Code article 5 and ICC uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees (URDG 758)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Capacity to review Standby Letters of Credit [SBLC] / Guarantee language (including Bid/Performance Bonds and Letters of Indemnity), and Import & Export Documentary credits and collections
• Understanding of letters of credit processing including issuance, advising/confirming, amendment, examination of documents, payments, SBLC automatic reductions (Evergreen) auto-extend, fee/expense processing (including billing and collection), billing of lading processing, unfunded risk participations, and preparation of general ledger batch files and general ledger reconciliations.
• Understanding of trade finance products and services intended for clients across multiple industries with international activity.
• Knowledge of profitability and banking capital treatment of trade finance instruments.
• Good internal and external client service skills, including strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Demonstrated expertise structuring traditional trade transactions.
• Self-starter, work without direction.
• Resilient and committed – able to deliver within tight deadlines and under pressure.
• Team player
• Good Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.