MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Corporate and Institutional Banking has an active IT ecosystem with its own IT backbone that involves a huge count of IT employees working for DEV, Testing and Support projects.
CIB ITO Production ensures the provision of industrialized and digital production services. The objective is to offer innovative products and services to its customers in a performing, global and secured environment in order to speed up delivery and time to market. CIB ITO Production manages operational risk by running stable and robust IT production platforms. CIB ITO production hosts critical service delivery scope comprising of Global Markets, Global Banking, Client & Experience and BP2S.
GSS – Global Support Services is targeted to be a forward looking Digital Command center equipped to provide following “Support as a Services”: a) 24*7 Monitoring of production health in terms of End2End chains, b) Event based Monitoring, c) Incident classification/communication/escalation, d) Crisis & major incident management, e) predictive & trend analysis, f) continuous tracking of production & platform stability with active feedback loop with End User base. GSS will also comprise of engineering team actively focusing on automating non-applicative redundant manual tasks & processes governed at CIB ITO production level.
BNP Paribas is looking for well organized, dynamic and highly motivated individuals for the role of Manager to lead GSS Montreal Department under the CIB ITO Production area. The team will comprise of the Command & Control Center and Automation Development team. The role will require excellent project management skills. The role will require very high level of communication skills (both written and verbal) and thorough understanding of support functions and ITIL processes. The individual should have experience in CIB ecosystem like CIB Infra, Global Markets, and Global Banking which would help him/her to orchestrate/co-ordinate incident management during crisis situation. The individual should have a fair understanding of the compliance topics, including the CIB security policies and concepts. The individual should have good understanding of the APS processes and activities within CIB environment and should be well versed with the front to back flow with awareness of the regional and business line divisions. Preferably the individual should have infrastructure support experience having exposed to multiple critical incidents interacting with multiple stakeholders.
Job profile at a glance, the manager of GSS Montreal will be responsible for setup of the team and be a primary point of contact of CIB IT production – GSS Montreal during NAR business hours. The individual shall be accountable for the delivery of the GSS team in Montreal working in close co-ordination with Global GSS Manager. The individual should be able to motivate the team members, provide continuous and constructive feedback. The individual should be a bridge between various stakeholders management, users and the team members. The Manager should act as a people developer by challenging people to deliver their best. Succession planning is one of the key responsibilities.
Should govern the operations of GSS and ensure the SLAs are met for Incident Management. Ensure the team is adhering to the mandate and process workflow defined. Should be able to identify the manual and redundant activities and provide suggestions on automation to bring in efficiencies.
Along with the above mentioned, the individual should be able to identify the best practices across the production and implement/suggest them for GSS. The individual will be governing the portfolio and catalogue management of the services offered by GSS. In BAU mode, the manager should be planning and onboarding of new tasks and activities and driving the transitions across different métiers into the GSS team with proper due diligence.
Under Crisis and control center operations, the individual should be actively involved in the role of Incident Manager during crisis. Resource management, effort distribution and tracking should also be performed under this role.
• Command Center & Crisis management
• Identification of the crisis situation and end to end coordination of such Incident resolution,communication and reporting.
• Front face Métier APS with strongly governed crisis management during active crisis situation/majorincidents
• Orchestrate Management Bridge as part of crisis management workflow coordinating with seniormanagement.
• Keep track of business impact in real time and maintain the incident priority and communication forsame accordingly.
• Ensure Command Center is operating with optimum level respecting expected service levelagreements.
• Closely work with GSS Global manager in the process of continuous improvement of GSS.
• Stakeholder management and coordination with various Region and Métier heads
• Portfolio and catalogue management of the services offered by GSS
• Onboarding of new tasks and activities and driving the transitions across different métiers into theGSS team
• Contribute in Identifying the redundant and low value tasks and driving the automations andimprovements within the team and across functions
• Ownership of DRP activity orchestration as per approved GSS SOP during NAR time Zone andweekends.
• Full ownership in the Incident Management process during the Crisis situation in NAR time Zone.
• Identification and management of KPI's for weekly/ monthly reporting and steerco
• Resource management, effort distribution and tracking
• Subordinate review and performance feedback, training identifications, knowledge transfer &balance of information
• Ownership of Compliance, Documentation and Audit reports
• ROTA planning and leave management for the team
• Shift co-ordination with ISPL counterparts
• Motivating and grooming the team members and provide guidance
• Track KPIs & report on agreed frequency w.r.t service catalogue.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Graduate/Post Graduate in Computers/IT field with 10 to 15 years of experience.
• At least 10+ years of experience within investment banking industry.
• International Experience preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in business critical Production Support Team (Mandatory from Investment banking background)
• French/English mandatory
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Mandatory: Strong team management skills
• Mandatory: Excellent Project Management Skillset
• Knowledge on Linux, Middleware (WebSphere, IIS, Tomcat, HIS), SQL & monitoring tools.
• Good knowledge Production tools like Geneos, ITSM, Sailpoint, Confluence, Autosys etc.
• Mandatory: Good understanding of ITIL concepts and principles.
• Exposure to infrastructure support
• Exposure to Crisis management
• Exposure to DRP process with active contribution & experience.
• Exposure to CIB/banking Industry with good knowledge on Front to back trade life cycleknowledge.
• Mandatory: Should be well aware of the BNPP tools (Geneos, Autosys, Service Now) , terminologiesand teams pertaining to the production environments (Like CIB –Global Markets, Global Banking).ITSM Service Now
• Well aware of the automation and scripting concepts inorder to identify new areas and guide theteam with correct approach to achieve the target.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment.
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
• Good problem solving skills
• Strong process adherence mindset
• Excellent communication skills (Verbal & Written).
• Ability to handle and perform in stressful situations
• Should have experience in working in an extended team across geographies
• Well understanding of the data analysis concepts with and ability to forecast the future growth andachieve the projections
• Motivating and grooming the team members and provide guidance
• Ability to produce KPIs/track SLA & report on agreed frequency w.r.t service catalogue.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.