About the Team
- BNP Paribas’ Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations
- Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 1,700 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific
Your Main Activities Are
- Quarterly capital run exercises (Perform first level analysis of source data received from RISK, Finance, GC2R and OPC to be provided to capital managers, to ensure the accuracy of capital numbers; perform required adjustments/corrections where possible; production of overall GM capital explain per type of risk and first level analysis and maintain the overall database to log all capital adjustments performed by the team for all types of risks)
- Capital allocation (Production of inputs required for capital allocation computation and consolidate all results for each type of risk; perform first level of control of the allocation results accuracy for all types of risks, at all levels (GBL, Region, Desks, Portfolios) liaising with capital managers and perform manual adjustments that may be required, to adjust wrong inputs from the upstream allocation systems or implement significant methodology or hierarchy updates)
- Monitoring of regulatory changes likely to impact Global Markets (Build and produce regular reports of the impacts of future regulations; provide first level analysis to support team members on regulatory projects: Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) and the future Standard Approach for Counterparty Credit Risk (SA-CCR); provide support on improving template of training documents on future regulations and provide support on improving template of training documents on future regulations)
- Other transversal projects (Provide support on improving template of training documents on future regulations and build and fill a database in order to log daily issues impacting balance sheet and leverage exposure figures)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Financial & Economics academic background
- Ability to use Python Or R or VBA – (Strong interest to learn these programming languages)
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Precision, rigorousness
- Reliability, Capacity to deliver
- Autonomy, proactivity
- Team spirit, ability to work with others
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.