About the job
The Global Markets Operational and Permanent Control (GM OPC) set-up faces increasing Regulatory and Conduct demands beyond pure Operational Risk. As part of Strategy Conduct and Risk (SCR), GM OPC operates over the 3 main regions, through the three following Practices:
- Regulatory Practice: support any regulatory requirement with a sustainable framework, in line with the dedicated Governance, Control Plan & Risk Assessment
- Conduct Practice: assess and challenge the effectiveness of the Conduct control set-up as well as ensure a full convergence between Conduct Risk Identification, Risk and Control Self-Assessment – RCSA).
- Operational Risk Practice: contribute to protect the business (P&L, reputation)
Your Main Activities Are
- Liaise & Interact with OPC and Front Office teams worldwide on a daily basis
- Provide functional support to BNPP’s internal control tool (ORUS FO) - used by Global Markets Front Officers worldwide
- Manage Front-officers’ on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Manage control plans updates, following the risk assessment or other risk reviews
- Support the OPC team with Ad-Hoc requests (reporting, regulatory, etc.)
- Provide regular reporting on the main OPC risk indicators
- Showing initiative in suggesting improvements on reports and processes and participation in the implementation
- Ensure data input & quality check
Profile and Skills to Success
- Degree in Management, Finance, Science, Maths, Engineering or related
- Experience in investment banking is an advantage
- Up to 2 years of experience in similar function
- Good awareness of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, VBA (other languages would be a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
- Analytical and quantitative skills, precision, rigorousness
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Team spirit and ability to work with others
About the Team
- Global Markets (GM) is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
- Within GM, the Chief Conduct Control Office (CCCO) is a transversal and independent team responsible for overseeing the non-financial risks and deploying a strong conduct and permanent control framework around these risks, while ensuring integrity and sustainable development of GM. Working in strong cooperation with Business Lines, transversal teams, functions and Bank General Management, GM CCCO has a global mandate across all platforms and all regions.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.