Financial Markets Equity Derivatives Execution Internship – German Speaker
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within BNP Paribas’ CIB, Global Markets (GM) offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, Equities & commodities markets. GM helps clients in finding effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage exposure to risk. The client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations. GM has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. GM’s global network encompasses more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
Based in Lisbon, the EQD Sales Assistant team is organized in sub-scopes, each servicing different EQD Sales desks across both businesses of the global EQD franchise (Distribution and Institutionals). Team members are responsible for:
- Processing Clients’ Reverse Inquiry Flow
- Pre and Post -Trade Tasks (Preparing and communicating to Clients, marketing documents/pitches/emails as requested by the content sales
- Interacting with Clients and Client Services, regarding any traded deal
- Digitalization / Transformation: Continuously escalading feedback and improvement ideas to increase streamlining of the workflow
- Advanced Pricing: Some team members are responsible for the pricing of complex products in BNP’s advanced proprietary pricer
- Idea Generation: Some team members are responsible for the production of investment ideas and themes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exchanging daily with senior sales people in their day to day challenges
- Drafting term sheets, sales support material and presentations;
- Proposing investment topics and related investment proposals
- Reviewing final terms together with legal teams;
- Coordinating with the marketing team for sales support materials
- Handling invoices processing together with the middle & back offices;
- Monitor competitors’ activity, produce daily, weekly and monthly reports for the business.
- Onboarding new clients/prospects; among others.
- Master's degree in a Mathematics, with a strong interest and some knowledge in financial markets
- Knowledge of financial markets (Equity and Commodity Derivative)
- Precision & attention to details
- VBA skills are a plus
- Microsoft Office skills
- Good communication skills, Commercial mind-set and Entrepreneurial attitude
- Team spirit
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- Fluent in German
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.