About the Job
Responsible for designing data schemas, modelling data structures, managing releases, performing data migrations, monitoring databases’ performance, trouble-shooting problems and supporting in all data and data infrastructure related activities.
- To be part of an international and diverse team who helps Global Markets Front Office to get to know their clients better and identify opportunities and trends through what data can tell
- As a Data Analyst, you will play a vital role in our team. Working directly with one or more of the bank's business areas, you will provide valuable insights to drive business growth, understanding their needs, proposing and implementing data-driven solutions (analysis, visualization and automation). You will exercise a lot of problem identification and problem solving skills
- You will have the opportunity to take ownership of business essential analytical projects that involve retrieving, preparing and analyzing complex datasets using data/statistical models and best practices in data visualization for the reporting creation, with the goal to produce insights and automated tools that will guide strategic solutions
- You will move between technical and non-technical areas and should be able to communicate well with different types of professionals. It is very important to be able to clearly and concisely understand stakeholders’ needs and translate these to our technical team, as well as present the results of complex analysis to our stakeholders
- You must be prepared for routine changes, each day will be filled with new and excited challenges
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master Degree in Engineering, Economics, Computing, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields
- Availability to work in the hybrid model or in person in the Lisbon or Porto office
- Experience in any data visualization tool such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience in data analysis with programming, preferably Python (Pandas)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to analyse, synthetize and simplify
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics and hypothesis testing is a plus
- Knowledge in Big Data technology such as Pyspark, Presto and Airflow is a plus
- Knowledge of Power Query and DAX is a plus
About the Team
- The Global Client Analytics (GCA) team is responsible for providing data, insights, and analysis to Global Markets front office.
- The team aims to build a solid database from various sources and develop analysis, reports and dashboards to provide valuable insight to the Front Office in a rapid, agile manner
- Our team is responsible for multiple steps regarding data processing: Data Feeds industrialization, ETL, Data Warehousing and Data Visualization. We are in direct contact with business sponsors, sales, and traders
- We seek to shape the technologies available to the client’s needs - we plan in processing the data using Python and SQL, while delivering the final product in Tableau, Power BI, APIs, and Chat bots
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialized business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialized businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.