About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
BNP Paribas’ Global Markets (GM) business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, Macro & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
The COO Organization/Business Management team contributes directly to the business development and its sound operation. They also facilitate and optimize the interaction between the Front Office and its Business Partners.
The DEC/FXPB/Repo Business Manager/COO will be part of this COO Organization. He/she will report directly to the Head of Global Macro Business Management in Americas, and be part of the Global Markets Business Management team.
The role is to cover all COO-related aspects required to support directly the regional Heads of Derivatives Execution Clearing (DEC), FX Prime Brokerage (FXPB) and Repo and their management teams.
His/her key responsibilities include:
- Support the regional Heads of DEC/FXPB/Repo in their strategies and internal governances:
- Contribute to the implementation of business strategies, optimizing its setup and anticipating regulatory hurdles.
- Ensure efficient governance & communication frameworks are in place to steer the initiatives, and act as secretary to them, ensuring proper tracking of decisions and follow-up of actions. Make sure relationship with other global business lines (GBLs) and the other regions are properly articulated.
- Able to represent, when relevant, DEC/FXPB/Repo Management in internal forums with regional heads of other GBLs and/or regional heads of desks, as well as in external forums/bodies.
- Identify, sponsor, lead and/or contribute to business projects for DEC/FXPB/Repo Americas:
- Assist management and project sponsors, help them to drive business projects and ensure that all the necessary actors are involved when required.
- Follow up and coordinate the portfolio of business initiatives.
- Assist in the NAC/TAC process for new activity and transaction approvals, coordinate the preparation of the documentation with the business, ITO and functions to ensure that all necessary aspects are addressed.
- In coordination with other teams, identify improvement areas within the organization/setup, define and implement solutions to streamline the relevant processes.
- Promote when relevant the standardization of practices across and play an active role in sharing Best Practices within Global Markets.
- Ensure DEC/FXPB/Repo Americas Management has the required performance and management indicators:
- Jointly with the regional Management teams, define the MIS / KPI required to monitor the business activities and drive the strategy/vision.
- Build and/or coordinate the development of the required MIS / KPI, in liaison with TR2S, Data Office, eC&D, Finance...
- Ensure that these MIS / KPI are produced systematically and regularly.
- In coordination with the various departments involved, produce when required ad-hoc analysis of the DEC/FXPB/Repo Americas activity according to management requirements.
- Coordinate and contribute to the Management reporting required by the regional or global Management (e.g. Trading ExCo, Territory ExCo, Global GM ExCo…).
- Contribute to the Front Office budget process (headcount, revenue, CC, cost…).
- Support Regional Heads of DEC/FXPB/Repo on day-to-day business issues and crisis management
- Assist in troubleshooting major/crisis situations and leverage on the organization to solve issues.
- Support Management on business issues including operations, IT, Finance, Tax, Regulatory framework, Legal or compliance, etc.
- Contribute to robust DEC/FXPB/Repo Americas Control and Compliance framework
- Work with Compliance, CCCO and Risk ORC teams to ensure activities are fully compliant.
- Active contribution to remediation tasks where applicable.
- Active involvement in Regulators and/or Internal Audit inquiries.
- Contributor in adapting activities to new regulations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a large bank or similar organization, of which min. 2-3 years in a COO/Business Management capacity and/or min. 2-3 years in Business Development/Project Management environment.
- Good knowledge of Listed/OTC Derivatives, FX and Repo Financing products and market structures.
- Good knowledge of Clearing and Prime Brokerage processes and services.
- Successful track record of large scale change management within a Front Office environment.
- Project management skills with an outstanding track record of achievement.
- Experience in business strategy definition and implementation.
- Experience in handling and analyzing complex set of data.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationship with Front Office senior management (Head of Business, Head of Trading/Sales Desk, Senior Sales/Traders/Bankers…).
- Displays strong self-organization and multi-tasking capacity.
- Client-focus attitude with stakeholders and end-clients (internal and external).
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to find creative solutions.
- Very hands-on attitude and approach.
- Strong sense of personal accountability, drive for results and delivers high-quality work.
- Motivated and demonstrating a self-starting/entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to lead and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Communication: active listener and clear communicator (both verbally and in writing).
- Ability to work well under pressure and always with a professional attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player & cross-cultural awareness: work effectively in a team, collaborate and share information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders.
- Always act with the highest ethical standards.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of regulation and Compliance topics (local and global) affecting Execution, Clearing/Prime Brokerage and Repo Financing would be an advantage.
- Experience in digital transformation of sales/trading/research/electronic execution/prime brokerage processes.
- Data analytics experience would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word).
- Strong attention to detail.
BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion. Some weekly physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: IT, Tech and Data
BNP Paribas is not just a financial services group. We’re also a tech company. Information systems, data and tools are central to our DNA, and offer a very broad range of career opportunities!Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group may not be quite what you think? BNP Paribas business lines and careers are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.