Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. It encompasses 5 global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange, Local Markets & Commodities, Primary & Credit Markets & Prime Solutions and Financing.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. GM Americas has approximately 700 staff.
The Conduct & Operational Risks Business Specialists team is part of the Global Markets Americas Chief Conduct and Controls Office (GMA CCCO).
The team’s mission is to partner with each of the business lines in Global Markets Americas to anticipate, identify, measure and control non-financial risks.
The team is a key pillar of the wider CCCO which is designed to ensure ownership and continuous improvement of each step in that value chain between our external stakeholders & our employees. CCCO contains both transversal control specialists and business specialists; the business specialists will be assigned to a specific business line to enhance the partnership with senior management & GMA stakeholders and strengthen the business’ culture of unimpeachable conduct and controls.
- Be a business partner for the Global Equities business line.
- Support senior management, Global Equities stakeholders, and risks management teams in the identification and remediation of non-financial risks (conduct & operational).
- Collaborate with and provide occasional support to Business Specialist Team peers, overseeing the other GM Business lines: Global Macro and Global Credit.
- Provide advisory to senior management on adequate control framework on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with regulatory and internal audits
- Align new market rules & regulations with internal processes.
- Supply business specific analysis and feedback for continual risks assessment covering operational, conduct and compliance topics.
- Perform gap analysis and facilitate remediation of operational risks incidents.
- Coordinate approval committees for new products and activities launched within Global Equities
- Perform qualitative review of new activity memos prepared by Sales, Structuring or Trading.
- Assess operational & conduct risks, and provide signoff for a range of capital markets committees
- Ensure compliance with local rules, regulations, and the bank’s internal policies and procedures.
- KPI analysis
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Min 2 years of Capital Markets experience in a Front Office position, Business Management, RISK or Operational Risks Management departments
- Knowledge of Equities (cash) trading, electronic execution, equity derivatives product suite (swaps, listed/OTC options, futures), and structured equity offerings including custom indices, notes, and warrants
- Foundational knowledge of other Capital Markets activities, processes and risks across the full range of product offerings- Rate, Credit, FX and Financing
- Good understanding of Operational & Conduct Risks and the Operational Risk Management framework
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage priorities
- Strong team spirit and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
- Comfortable presenting projects to regional and global management
- Graduated in Engineering, Maths, Computer Science, Economy or Business Administration
- Data mining skills
- Excel Programming
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our Corporate & Institutional Banking activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Institutional Banking services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.