Global Head of Execution – Listed Derivatives and Cash Equity
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe, but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The Global Head of Execution for Prime Solution & Financing business will act on behalf of Business and IT to manage and be responsible for the Global Cash Equities & Listed Derivatives Trading platforms. As a leader, this individual will guide the onboarding of new technology and manage the team, build strong partnerships with vendors and other internal teams to deliver exceptional end-end solutions to business. This position will combine elements of management, technology, strategy, leadership, vision, policy & procedures, new product development, compliance and accountability for performance of the platform.
· Lead, develop and motivate the team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure continued delivery of business objectives
· Drive run-the-bank and change-the-bank initiatives and the team organization to adapt to new customer needs and product innovations.
· Enable business growth in partnership with Front-Office through new initiatives.
· Monitor and manage all risks associated with the day-day trading platform.
· Promote an agile business driven culture across the team to deliver on time and reduce time-to-market for key product offerings and client on-boarding.
· Ensure quality deliverables while keeping overall budget and cost of the platforms in control.
· Work with Product Development team to translate high-level product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
· Connect regularly with stakeholders and senior management of to drive thought leadership, convey status and execution plans.
· Manage vendors relationships to build strong partnerships.
Skills & Experience Required:
· Bachelor in Computer Science
· Extensive experience and thorough understanding of financial markets, specifically Equities & Listed Derivatives.
· Proven leadership skills from an IT perspective. Demonstrable skills managing a global team and being a role model for the team.
· Extensive knowledge of how trading platform operates (systems/operations).
· Understand system implementations and how to articulate demands/industry standard practices from an IT perspective.
· Able to demonstrate strong commercial experience with Algos, (Direct Market Access) , automated trading, client and exchange connectivity
· Ability to manage conflicting requests on time in a continually fast paced environment.
· Has excellent communication and negotiation skills to be able to reach a consensus within organization as well as outside.
· Experience managing external vendors
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
- [For managers only] Take responsibility for your team’s conduct and conduct risks.
Location: London, UK
Opening Date: 3 May 2019
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.