BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees.
The Banking Services and Operations (BSO) Department delivers services in three areas:
• Local Custody, which is providing Clearing, Settlement, Cash, Corporate Actions, Income, Tax services for UK and international clients. These are mainly Institutional Investors (Asset owners, Asset Managers…), and Financial intermediaries (Broker Dealers, Global custodians…).
• Global Custody, which provides the same range of services to Institutional investors, asset managers who open a Global Custody account in UK to hold assets in over 90 countries.
• Broker Dealer Outsourcing, which provides Back-office outsourcing services of Settlement, Financial accounting and Transaction reporting for Mid-size Brokers.
Purpose of the position:
The Global Custody UK Account Manager is responsible for maintaining daily contact with clients and internal teams in relation to Global Custody UK activity on all Global Markets. They cross train and may work within the GCUK teams of; Reconciliations, Tax, Settlements, Corporate actions and Income. He/she provides direct support to clients including operational, market and processing knowledge. He/she ensures that clients’ questions and issues are responded to in a timely and appropriate fashion. As such, the Account Manager oversees the local operational processes on behalf of the client.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Query management.
• Processing of Custody activity in line with procedures.
• Adopting a pro-active approach to issues and events that may have significant impacts for the clients.
• Adopting a pro-active approach to improve the current processing of work.
• Ensuring that the results of the client’s activity are reported in a timely manner.
• Ensuring clients receive a Desired level of service or better.
• Ensuring daily reconciliation of cash and stock items.
• Holding/attending regular client meetings/calls / service reviews.
• Liaising with clients and internal parties to resolve any issues pertaining to custody activity.
Skills and Experience required
Competencies required for the role:
• Results and quality orientation
• Customer Focus
• Team Work
• Technical expertise
• Global Custody and Client facing experience
• Risk oriented
• Innovation and continuous improvement
• Decision Making
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-LondonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / TeamworkTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change