Generalist Auditor APAC
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• To conduct audit work in accordance with the IG methodology and ensure high standard of deliverables
• To contribute to risk assessment of audit units based on knowledge obtained through assignments as well as day-to-day contact with auditees
• To follow through with auditee on implementation of recommendations
1. To conduct (lead or participate) and report on audit assignments and/or special reviews):
• To plan assignment scope and develop audit methodology for review and clearance.
• To lead, coordinate, manage and execute audit assignments within a pre-defined timeframe.
• To discuss issues with auditees and provide value-added findings and recommendations.
2. Validate for closure the implementation of recommendations issued by the function.
3. Conduct audit risk assessments and periodic reporting to management and/or Head Office.
4. Support to deliver the annual audit plan and any ad-hoc requests from management, regulators or HO.
Contribute to the improvement of the Inspection Générale practices through the elaboration and update of our methodologies.
Permanent Control Aspects
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Is conversant with and applies appropriately audit methodology/standards and control concepts
• Possesses knowledge of business, products, risks, practices, policies and regulations
• Practically adapts theory and experience to circumstances of assignment
• Demonstrates planning, organizing and communication / interpersonal skills in conducting assignments and dealing with auditees
• Be analytical and able to anticipate problems/obstacles, able to distinguish material from non-material items in making decisions
• Is mindful about deadlines and disciplined in completing deliverables at the required level of standard
• Effective communication skills. Good written and spoken English.
• Autonomous and self-motivated.
• Team player.
• Willing to travel (in the region, around 30% travelling).
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in related disciplines;
• Possess experience in external auditing / internal auditing / credit / risk / compliance / internal control / operations in the financial services industry;
• Professional Qualification/Certificate in Audit / Accounting, e.g. CA, CIA, CISA, is a plus.