At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for ensuring proper tracking, recording and reporting for retained and managed lease portfolios. Interface with internal and external operations, systems and accounting staff to meet all reporting requirements and coordinate day-to-day activities. Provide research and analysis assistance as needed. Process daily and monthly system jobs to update lease record.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Prepare general ledger journal entries and perform daily account monitoring and reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly general ledger certification, ensure all accounts are balanced to a sub-ledger.
- Perform portfolio reconciliation for managed accounts or other external records.
- Pre-audit of upload file for new lease boarding. Ensure balancing and completeness of financial data.
- Upload files into the lease information system and perform callback (audit) and required updates.
- Manage lease updates to the portfolio by analyzing the data and ensure completeness and balancing prior to processing. Process or coordinate the processing for funding, rollovers (refinancing), lease transfers and lease dispositions.
- Generate reports to perform above tasks, all required standard daily/monthly reports and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Run required daily/monthly system jobs to update lease record.
- Update procedures as needed.
- Respond to inquiries and special requests.
- Provide backup support for Equipment Finance Servicing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance or Accounting
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Knowledge of accounting for leases
- Working knowledge of account reconciliation and analysis
- Administrative/Technical Skills
- Use personal computer and mainframe system
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Strong 10 key by touch
- Ability to interface with all levels, including clients and senior management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance