FXLM.COMM Compliance Officer
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Department purpose / objectives:
CIB UK Compliance is an independent function responsible for providing specialist support to UK Senior Management in managing Compliance risks, typically acting as Second Level of Defence for Compliance-owned risks, incluidng Market Integrity, Protection of Interest of Clients, Financial Security and Professional Ethics.
Purpose of the position:
Provide advisory Compliance coverage and support for the UK FXLM.COMM (FX, LM Rates and Credit, Commodities businesses) as part of the Markets Compliance team.
To promote the Compliance programme in relation to new activities, transactions, other compliance arrangements, and implementation and management of relevant global policies. To assist in procedure creation and setting, regulatory watch and relationship with local regulators.
Specific Responsibilities of Role:
• Assisting the Head of EMEA FXLM Compliance in providing day to day support for the FXLM.COMM businesses from an Advisory Compliance perspective, based on the trading floor
• Provide support to the EMEA Head of FXLM Compliance
• Dealing with and answering regulatory and exchange trading related questions that arise from the business
• Provide advice on compliance issues related to transactions, products or business’ of FXLM.COMM in UK and EMEA
• Contribute to the new activity / transaction approval committees as necessary
• Contribute to the relationship with local Regulators in support of the UK Head of Markets Compliance and the UK Head of Compliance
• Advise the business on the impact of exchange, trading venue and CCP rules and regulatory changes
• Contribute to the developing, maintaining and implementation of policies, standards and procedures to identify actual or potential market abuse scenarios, insider dealing activities, conflicts of interest and other Compliance risks
• Contribute and support the annual Compliance risk assessment efforts and provide credible “check and challenge” to business risk assessment/s
• Contribute to the design and delivery of compliance training for FLXM.COMM and broader Global Markets Business
Governance Responsibilities / Regulatory Requirements of Role:
To contribute to committees by representing Compliance, as required
Competencies required for the role:
• Ability to project personal credibility and expertise to stakeholders in both the business and other functions
• Demonstrates leadership skills
• Can demonstrate initiative, and be proactive while liaising with issues as they arise.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills; and
• Ability to identify the most appropriate solutions.
Innovation and efficiency
• Openness to adopt new processes and ways of working.
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager if necessary.
• Take responsibility for your team’s conduct
Technical skills and qualifications required for the role:
• Sound knowledge of Commodities and FXLM products and market practices, in particular areas of regulatory and compliance focus.
• Track record of working in a trading floor environment, providing the front office with advice, guidance and robust challenge.
• Ability to respond well under pressure, with competing demands and limited resources.
• Sound knowledge of wider UK and EU financial regulatory rules and their practical application to European banking business.
• Sound judgement and ability to deal with high-pressure situations.
• Strong collaborative approach,
• Ability to manage varied workloads, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
• Candidates must have strong analytical and presentational/first class communication skills.
• Educated to a degree level and relevant industry experience.
Internal key stakeholders
Global Head of FXLM.COMM and various FXLM.COMM Business stakeholders, together with other Functions
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.