FX Prime Brokerage Trade Support
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The qualifying candidate will join the FXPB Middle Office team as a part of BNP Paribas’ Foreign Exchange Prime Brokerage offering. The FXPB middle office is looking to hire an experienced professional who can join the team and make an immediate contribution. The role will encompass the tasks of ensuring efficient and accurate transaction processing across a broad range of products. The Individual will join a “split team” organization with team members located in both Montreal and New York City, under a functional management located in New York.
• Participating and leading in client onboarding processes including user acceptance testing, internal setup, external setup and go live calls
• Working with internal and external parties to resolve trade discrepancies on T and post T
• Working in an environment with direct client interaction
• Escalating client trade related issues
• Understanding and responding to client queries with respect to client reporting on Data Direct, a BNP Paribas website
• Working closely with IT developers defining infrastructure upgrades and maintenance requests
• Managing trade life cycle events including daily option exercises/expirations and NDF fixings
• Coordination with all internal stakeholders who support our business ( Risk, Credit, Legal, Collateral, BO, Sales, IT)
• Monitor Limit utilization through the day for the OTC, FXPB and ETD businesses. Investigate/Report any breaches
• Distributing monthly invoices and monitoring the collection of fees
• Ad Hoc project work related to internal controls, MIS reporting, process improvements, and client specific reporting requirements or integration enhancements
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Diploma from an accredited collegiate institution
• Working knowledge of FX, Prime Brokerage, and client facing experience
• Minimum of 2 years in a foreign exchange prime brokerage position
• Strong understanding of FX Spot/Forward/Options
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Good product knowledge
• Proficient in Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills English and French
• Ability to maintain focus in a fast-pace environment
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Works well within a team environment
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Service Oriented
• A spirit of continuous improvement
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.