BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions helps companies to expand their business capabilities by offering tailored leasing and finance solutions. Our expert teams partner with equipment vendors that are looking to grow their sales, and businesses that require outsourcing services for assets within a number of key markets. We’re a European leader in leasing, backed by the stability of the BNP Paribas group.
Responsible for excellent service deliver through the quick and accurate review of documentation in line with business procedures and policies against specific credit and product criteria. Working within the SLA’s as set out by the business, contributing to both individual and team targets.
- Accurately reviewing of documentation to ensure compliant with legal and internal guidelines prior to set to live of contract
- Understanding and demonstrating a technical knowledge of products in order to ensure the correct loading of agreements
- Liaising with Operations, Customer Services, Sales, Recoveries, Collections, Vendors & the End-user to remedy or clarify pay-out issues
- Drafting and issuing supporting documentation to End Users/Vendors as and when required, ensuring all correspondence is correct and upholds the reputation of BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions (BNPPLS)
- Ensuring that related issues (e.g. Upgrade Quotations, Special Rates, etc.) are handled promptly as per published authorities and agreed SLA’s.
Strong communications skills
Excellent organisational & time management skills
Strong attention to detail
Enthusiastic, tenacious & proactive attitude
Previous experience of a pressurised sales support environment preferred
Normal working hours are 9.00 to 17.30 Monday – Friday; however we operate on a shift system from 8.00 to 18.00 each day. Additional hours will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Dress code is business formal Monday-Thursday, business casual on a Friday.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by my Line Manager
- Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements.
On joining the company I will attend a Company Induction which will introduce me to the different areas of the business and what they do.
Have regular performance reviews with my line manager; this will include a mid-term and end of probationary review and regular one to one catch ups.
I will be expected to complete annual online Compliance training modules via My Development, our online training platform and will continue to receive on the job training throughout my career.