In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE :
The Senior Fund Accountant works closely with BP2S internal teams to provide fund administration services to external fund managers in Asia/Europe and Asian asset owners and to prepare the financial consolidation report of multiple funds for a key client.
KEY RESULTS AREAS :
• Able to work independently on financial consolidation of multiple funds/portfolios internal and external for year-end financial reporting purposes for a key client.
• Able to work closely under tight deadline with client and auditors to meet client specific reporting requirements
• Validate daily, weekly and monthly NAV funds/portfolios in accordance with applicable Industry recommended accounting practices, accounting standard or specific constitutional documents.
• Work with fund/portfolio accountants and liaise with different support functions to ensure NAVs are delivered in timely manner to meet the agreed KPIs.
• Provide accurate statistic data (KPIs etc.) on an as-scheduled basis and establish service excellence.
• Ensure NAV calculations are accurately prepared and in line with the BNPP operational and system procedural manual.
• Prepare operational and system procedural manuals to ensure that all operational risks are well under control and adequate for the day to day activities.
• Identifying and documenting “non-standard” process flows for proper documentation
• Report and escalate operational or major incidents including any breach or error occurrences to the Management.
• Participate in regular operational meetings to review any client and new business requirements.
• Working pro-actively with Clients to resolve queries on action points relating to Fund Admin matters
• Participating in transition planning and testing to ensure new processes or system functionalities can meet clients’ needs and requirements.
• Involve in any new client take-on and migration activities.
• Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time
JOB HOLDER REQUIREMENTS (TO BE FILLED BY MANAGER) :
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
• Strong accounting knowledge with a good understanding of the financial consolidation principles
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Persistence / perseverance
• Good operational/technical skills
• Good analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience :
• University degree/ post graduate degree in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 3/2 years in experience in Securities Services Fund Accounting or equivalent experiences
• Experience with financial consolidation