Fund Accountant (M/F)Private Equity & Real Estate
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a subsidiary of the BNP Paribas group, is one of Europe's leading providers of custody services for securities.
The Luxembourg branch plays a major part in its operations, offering clients high value-added services extending from custody to securities lending, fund administration, performance measurement and ratings, and bond issuance services.
BNP Paribas Securities Services is looking for:
Fund Accountant (M/F)
Private Equity & Real Estate
The Private Equity Real Estate department is part of the Asset Fund Services business unit. It is composed of the Transfer Agency, Custody, Fund Administration, Client Account Management and Business Implementation teams.
This job description is focused on the role of PERE Fund Administration officer.
Within the PERE Department, the main responsibilities of the FA officer are the calculation and the validation of the net asset values.
The FA Officer Private Equity Account Manager also actively participates in the quality controls of the FA perimeter (ISAE 3402, respect of overall and dedicated PERE procedures…) and various projects (IT, procedures…) with the aim of improving the quality of service delivered to clients
Within the PERE department, the main responsibilities of the Fund Accountant Officer are:
· Prepare statutory accounts of Luxembourg companies/funds investing in debt, real estate and private equity in accordance with IFRS and LUX GAAP.
· Bookkeeping of all entities
· Consolidation of group of companies.
· Review and analysis of NAV calculated by external counterparts (client or dedicated service provider).
· Dealing with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
· Control the consistency of the valuation received and used for underlying assets.
· Execution of 1st level controls if any in respect with BP2S procedures.
· Follow up of the liquidation of funds
· Assistance in the preparation of financial statements.
Management of internal - relationship
· Provide client service and support for BAU and ongoing operational issues
· Maintaining efficient external relationships with clients, managers, sales representatives, auditors…
· Actively participating to the team organisation by taking initiatives and by being implicated in common projectsImproving hierarchy relationship by reporting regularly encountered problems and outstanding work (escalation process)
Bachelor or Master Degree
Investment funds experience of at least 2 years (Fund Accounting, NAV calculations or Financial Statements elaboration)
Experience and knowledge on consolidation
• Understand Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards preferably gained within the real estate or private equity sector.
• Understand the reporting and other accounting challenges faced by PERE managers.
• An understanding of the Fund structures in particular debt funds.
• Ability to present information and respond to questions from manager clients.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
• Excellent Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Analytical skills
• Strong Client focus
English mandatory, French or German considered as an asset